I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XXI International Music& dance festival “OHRID MUSIC FEST” 22 - 26 June Ohrid
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Ancient ruins, beautiful amphitheatre, 3 citadel walls, St.Sofia Cathedral, St.Jovan Kaneo church, an important pilgrimage place. Breathtaking setting on a plateau over Ohrid Lake and Galicica mountain towering from behind. St.Naum monaster (one of the most beautiful monasteries in Macedonia) was founded in the 910 by St.Naum, but the present-day church was built in the 16th c. Of the original church just the side chapel with the grave of St.Naum still stands), gallery of exclusive icons, museums, workshops for hand-made paper, woodcarving and famous Ohrid pearls, are among hundreds sites for tourists worth to visit. There is also a strong Roman connection to the city, since Lychnidos was along the famous route Via Egnatia, build in the 2nd century B.C., connecting the Adriatic and Aegean sea. Considering the number of churches located in the Old town (365 churches according to the immemorial legend, for local people to celebrate every single day by honouring another saint), Ohrid is called “the Balkan Jerusalem”, successfully playing the role as the biggest pilgrimage spot for all the Orthodox Christians in the world.
Today Ohrid is a cultural, spiritual and tourist centre. And finally, as the crowning glory of its values, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid have been named a world cultural and natural heritage listed city under the protection of UNESCO since 1980.
Feel Ohrid for once in your life and you already know why you will return.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE FESTIVAL LAST YEAR YOU CAN SEE ON LINK: https://youtu.be/MK85OjLZMds
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), .On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
13.00.Arrivalin Ohrid, , hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception with all participants
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast,
10.00 -13.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (St.Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes …)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00- 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.15. Ensembles parade (old town)
19.30. Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 15.00 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St. Naum monastery, culture place, –(price 8 euros per person, lunch package),
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 Second festival evening (optional) or Macedonian evening party
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 14.00 Visiting Struga city ( Kalista cave, old bazaar..)
14.00 - 15.00 Lunch in hotel and free time
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Firewall party, Social events, exchange presents, disco party with all participants with soft drinks for the children and vine for adults
11.00 Departure of the participants
Participation fee is:
Basic category hotels, villas and apartments
- 73 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 99 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 79 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 105 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Advanced category hotels 3* Hotel “Chingo”; Hotel “Diplomat”; Hotel “Ambasador”
- 84 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 114 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 115 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 144 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Advanced category hotels 4 * Hotel “Mizo”; Hotel ”Sky Corner”; Hotel “Village”4*
- 120 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 154 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
- 159 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 191 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
It covers hotel accommodation with 3 meals per day in 3*** hotels which are located on the coast of Ohrid Lake, in 1/2 (for drivers and leaders), 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms……
Hotel Desaret is 3* hotel with outdoor swimming pool situated on the lake with own beach (only our association has right on hotel Desaret
Festival organizers provide:
- for 24 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- guides for sightseeing of the town,
- advertising of the festival (press relese, social media promotion,posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 33 Euro per day per person FB and 28 euro for HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide for wonderful hotel resort Desaret on the lake.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link of the festival where you can find and take photos and videos..
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Ohrid airport, during the festival days and back to the same Ohrid airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary.
Also, you can arrive in Ohrid airport and we will organize transport to hotel free of charge.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2019 we have 389 participoants on the fetsival from 6 EU countries
NUMBER OF SEATS ARE IMITED ON 400 participants or 10
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 24 June 2019
300 PERFORMERS TOOK PART IN THE "OHRID MUSIC FESTIVAL"
In the period June 20-24, 2019, the XI International Folklore Dance and Music Festival "OHRID MUSIC FESTIVAL" was held. The forum was attended by more than 300 performers from different countries.
Director of the festival Zoran Strezovski welcomed the participants and wished them successful performances on Macedonian stage.
The festival concert was held on June 19 in the central square where the groups presented their culture and traditions through music, dances and songs. After their performances, the groups received certificates and gifts from the organizer.
During the festival days, the groups had an organized boat trip, they visited the Orthodox Monastery of St. Naum and the sights of Ohrid.
Reviews from the groups:
This festival has review of 10 groups and average estimation is VERY GOOD - 8,2/10