With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk and Choral groups, orchestras, majorette teams and other styles ..), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on “XX International Dance & Music festival”ISTANBUL FEST" 04 - 09 September, Istanbul, Turkey.
This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes.
Istanbul is a major city in Turkey that straddles Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus Strait. Its Old City reflects cultural influences of the many empires that once ruled here. In the Sultanahmet district, the open-air, Roman-era Hippodrome was for centuries the site of chariot races, and Egyptian obelisks also remain. The iconic Byzantine Hagia Sophia features a soaring 6th-century dome and rare Christian mosaics.Istanbul is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. While the majority of the population are Muslims, it's a mix of cultures and backgrounds fused together in one city. It has a mix of Jewish, Greek and Armenian populations.
Istanbul has an ancient and diverse history as a meeting point between East and West, Asia and Europe. Inhabited since the Neolithic period, it became the city of Byzantium after Greek settlement in the 7th century BCE. Renamed Constantinople in 330 CE, it was successively the capital of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. After the foundation of the Republic of Turkey in 1923, Ankara became the capital of Turkey, but Istanbul remains at the centre of Turkish economic and cultural life.Today Istanbul is a megacity, with over 14 million residents, and is soon to become Europe’s most populous metropolitan area. Its population has grown explosively since the middle of the twentieth century, when it had less than 1 million residents. Most of this growth has been driven by internal migration from rural areas.
Istanbul has benefited from Turkey’s vibrant economy, one of the fastest growing in Europe. One of its major challenges is dealing with the consequences of that growth, developing the infrastructure to accommodate its new residents while retaining access to green space, water resources and a high quality of life.
Istanbul has numerous shopping centers, from the historic to the modern. The Grand Bazaar, in operation since 1461, is among the world's oldest and largest covered markets.Istanbul has active nightlife and historic taverns, a signature characteristic of the city for centuries if not millennia. Along İstiklal Avenue is the Çiçek Pasajı, now home to winehouses (known as meyhanes), pubs, and restaurants.
All this beauties in Turkish Metropolitan city and lot of fun is waiting for you on our festival. Come and join the best festival experience ever. Travel and dance with us in Istanbul, Turkey…
Conditions for participation:
- Participants have to come İstanbul on 04 September check in time is 14.00 o'clock and leaving time is 09 September , check out time is 11.00 a.m
- There is no limit for participiants number. There is no age limits for performers.
- Participants can use USB or live music.
- Participants will show their performance in place which is in accordance with the festival committee's decision.
- Festival commitee will organize the concerts in dependence with weather conditions.
- Participants should prepare a program with duration of 15 minutes. Groups have 2 performances.Choir groups also have performances 2 days.They should prepare a program with daruation of MAXIMUM 15 MINUTES.
- Festival committee will provide a guide to all groups during the festival. Festival language is English.
- There will be historical and touristy trips for participiants in their free time
- Every type of travel, health insurance and other insurances are in groups owns.
- Every group should bring flags of their countries with them.
- Participant groups need to send 5 different pictures , 1 video (which includes their performances) about their groups.
- Airport transportations will be paid by the groups, yet festival committee can provide guidance for arrangements. The local transportation groups are their own, the festival committee will assist in arranging the service.
- Ministry of Health regulations will be applied at the hotel entrance and exit.
- 148 Euro per person - half board accommodation (4 night / 5 days) in 4 Star Quality Hotel PREMIER VISTA HOTEL - hotel on the beach
- Double room price is 40 Euro per day per person
- Single room price is 55 Euro per day
- Every 25 person, 1 person is free (25 paying + 1 free)