Location: PARALIA,KATERINI, Greece
Director: D.P.S.& WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 October, 2023
With pleasure we INVITE you to participate on XI International Music & Dance festival in KATERINI” 12-17 August ,Paralia, Katerini, Greece
Partipicants are ensembles from Russia, Lithvania, Lathvia, Poland, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Indonesia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Austria…
Period 1: 12.08. - 17.08
Period 2: 17.08. - 22.08
12 August / 17 August
Arrival of the groups to Paralia ... Accommodation of the groups. Info meeting of the group representatives, giving useful and practical information”s about Paralia and staying of the groups in Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to some of the Discoteques. Overnight stay.
13 August / 18 August
Breakfast. In the morning the possibility of going to the famous Meteora. Travelling past Katerini, Olympus and Larisa to Meteora. A tour of the medieval monasteries, the monuments of special importance (Great Meteora, Holy Trinity, Varlam ...). Upon completion of the tour, a shorter stay in the picturesque town of Kalambaka and a visit to one of the icon "factories ". The journey through the gorges Tembi, near the monastery of Agia Paraskevi and the source of Daphne with a short break. Return to Paralia. Dinner. Optional: Greek night at the Tavern or going to the Disco. Overnight stay.
14 August / 19 August
Breakfast. The possibility of going to Katerini, the capital of Pieria. Free time for walking, sightseeing, shopping… Return to Paralia in the afternoon. Dinner.
Preparations of the Folklore Ensembles for the Performance. The parade of all Festival Groups.
Opening ceremony of the VI. International Folklore Festival in Paralia !!!
Folklore group performances. Awarding certificates, plaques and gifts.
Possible going to a mutual friendly night !!! Overnight stay.
15 August / 20 August
Breakfast. Possibility of a half-day tour of the foothills of Mount Olympus, as well as of the picturesque town of Litochoro. Afternoon return to the resort. Dinner.
The possibility of going to a Greek night or to the Disco. Overnight stay.
16 August / 21 August Breakfast. Facultative tour to Thessaloniki, departure for Thessaloniki on morning hours. A panoramic tour of the White Tower, Rotonda, Galerius arch, Church of the Saint Apostles, the Saint Sofia and St. Demetrius – a patron saint of Thessaloniki. Return to Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to one of the Discos. Overnight stay.
17 August / 22 August
Breakfast. Free time till evening and unfortunately moving of all Ensembles back to their arrival point of departure with another meeting next year !!!!!!
- 175 Euro per person
- Free place of each 25th member
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in Villas in Paralia and Olympic Beachlike: Vila Zoi, Vila Panos, Vila Stavros, Vila Fluris, Vila Asterias, Vila Stavros, Vila Limanaki, Vila London, Vila Lenka, Vila Apostolis, in 1/3 and 1/4 Studios or Appartments on the basis of 5 half – boards ( breakfast and dinner ) – supplement for 1/2 rooms is 5 e per persons per night
- Letter of invitation
Participation fee does not include:
- Tourist tax (0.50 € per person per night)
- There is a possibilityof additional charges for the extra day at a price of 35 € for the half board, according to the accommodation.
- Optional excursions (Pirate cruise - 20 €, Greek Night - 18 €, Skiathos - 30 €, a tour of Katerini - 5 €, a trip to Meteora - 20 €, a one-day trip to Thessaloniki - 20 €, a tour of Litochoro and Dion - 10 €, Discoteques 6 - 8€,…)
- Travel expenses, travel insurance, parking at the hotels, vignettes, the toll ...
Note: All the ensembles must provide their own music, accompanying orchestra or music usb. Each ensemble is required to prepare a performance of 10 minutes.
THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED!!!!!!!