Location: CANAKKALE, Turkey
Application Deadline: 1 February, 2023
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk and Choral groups, orchestras, majorette teams), (children and youth groups) to participate on IV “International TROYA Folk Dance and Music festival” 29 June – 03 July 2023 Çanakkale, Turkey.
This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes.
Çanakkale with its long and blue flag beaches is one of the most important and attractive tourism centers located at the beginning of the Aegean Sea.
The history of Çanakkale starts with the city of Troja where the Trojan Wars took place, continued with Çanakkale victory. This historical city is located in Marmara Region. The festival will be held in the city centre of Çanakkale where groups will have opportunity to visit Çanakkale and remains of these two historical cities in their free times.
Çanakkale, with its natural wonders and historical riches, is one of the unique cities in the world where the ancient city of Troy was destroyed and rebuilt many times. Alxandria Troas, the largest ancient city in Anatolia, accepted as the capital of his empire by Emperor Constantine; Assos, where Aristotle, one of the most important philosophers of history, spent a part of his life; Apollo Smintheus Sanctuary; Parion near Biga Kemer; Neandreia, where the Aiolia Temple was once located; The Zeus Altar, which Homer mentions in the world famous Iliad; Babakale, Çimenlik and Kilitbahir castles; The Gallipoli Peninsula was one of the bloodiest battles of the 20th century; historic Gallipoli town; Turkey's largest island of Gokceada; Bayramiç Ayazma with its natural beauty; Bozcaada, famous for its crystal waters and its wines, which are among the 10 best islands of authentic Europe.
All this beauties in Turkish Riviera and lot of fun is waiting for you on our festival. Come and join the best festival experience ever. Travel and dance with us in Çanakkale, Turkey…
29 June 2022
14.00 Arriving in Çanakkale, hotel accommodation after the meeting with the festival representatives and free time
18.00 – 20.00 Diner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception with the leaders of the groups
30 June 2022
7.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 14.00 Tour of Troy the mysteries of ancient city - sightseeing or free time for individual activities
16.00 – 18.00 Official opening of the festival with “Ensemble Parade” and 3minute performance of each group
19.30 – 21.00 Diner in hotel
01 July 2022
07.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 18.00 Gallipoli Tour from Eceabat, Çanakkale (optional) or free time
17.30 – 18.30 Diner in hotel
20.00 Official festival evening in the square of the city
- Welcome Speech
- Open air performance
- Singing and dancing together
02 July 2022
07.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.30 – 12.00 Visiting Municipality of the city and reception at the Mayor of the city with representatives and leaders of each group.
17.00 – 19.00 Festival evening in the square of city centre (open air performance on a professional stage)
19.30 – 20.30 Diner in hotel
21.00 Closing ceremony of the festival – certificates and presents for ensembles by organizer, exchange presents between leaders of ensembles and final party with all participants, discotheque with all the festival participants
03 July 2022
07.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
General rules for participation:
- In the festival can participate folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs and music bands from all over the world.
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands festival.
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 08-12 minutes each with USB or orchestra.
- Folklore groups should take a flag of their country and minimum 4 gifts for the municipality visits and organizers.
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation.
- The number of the participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Groups have to send us short CV and min.6 photos of the group by e-mail.
- Until 1st of May 2022 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
- For the groups arriving by plane the festival committee will arrange their airport and festival transfers free of charge.
- 89 Euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 109 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day)
It covers hotel accommodation (leaders and drivers in 2 double rooms and others in triple and quadruple rooms) with 2 meals per day in 3* HOTELS in Çanakkale, Turkey. Hotel accommodation will be in hotel Boğaz, Helen Hotel, hotel Hellespont, Anzac Hotels...
- 99 Euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 129 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day)
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day in 4* HOTELS in Canakkale, Turkey as following: Hotel Ida Kale Resort, Hotel TroiaTusan Hotel etc.
Addition day can be booked for 30-35 euro/person/day
Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Participation fee Includes:
- Participation in the festival concerts,
- Professional sound, stage and light equipment.
- Accommodation in 3* Hotels (3-4 bedded rooms, supplement for a double room is 7€/person/day, supplement for single room is 15 €/person/day),
- Half Board hotel accommodation
- Welcome cocktails with the leaders of the groups
- Souvenir and gift for each group
- Certificate for attendance
- Drinks during the performance
Participation fee does not include:
- Transport (for arrival and departure)
- Optional Boat Tour Programs
- What is not specified in the above mentioned “the fee includes”
Invitation letter will be provided if needed
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
HURRY UP… THE NUMBER OF SEATS ARE LIMITED!