Location: TBILISI, Georgia
Application Deadline: 1 July, 2022
With pleasure we INVITE you (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on VIII INTERNATIONAL FOLKLORE FESTIVAL "RHYTHMS OF SPRING" 27 April - 01 May 2023
Development of folklore arts; popularization of the world folklore culture; sharing of experience between participants; empowerment of mutual respect and tolerance; deepening of creative contacts; popularization of Georgian and world folklore arts; improvement of the level of qualification of choreographers;
Folklore groups from different countries of the world and different regions of Georgia (ages not limited) take part in the Festival.
- Participants present two shows (3-5 minutes each) in the following nominations: folklore dances, folklore songs (ensembles and individual); songs and romances; folklore handcraft arts (exhibitions).
- In the final conclusive concert participating artists will present only one show.
- Music can be live or phonogram.
- With the application Festival participants submit their program (audio, video files of their previous shows, materials necessary to be published in the newspaper and Festival booklet).
- Festival participants will be awarded with the Festival Laureate Diplomas and different presents.
According to self-funding principle each foreign participating groups pay the following fee per participant of their group:
- 200 Euro per person - 5 days – hotel accommodation (3 and 4-bed rooms), meals 3 times a day; all in-country transportation;
- 250 Euro per person - 5 days – 2 star hotel accommodation (2, 3, 4-bed rooms), meals 3 times a day; all in-country transportation;
- 350 Euro per person - 5 days – 3 star hotel accommodation (2, 3 bed rooms), meals 3 times a day; all in-country transportation;
- 400 Euro per person - 5 days – 5 star hotel accommodation (2, 3 bed rooms), meals 3 times a day; all in-country transportation;
Important: Every 16th participant of a Festival participant group is free from the Festival fee;
*Supplement for double room – 5 euro per day per person.
*Supplement for single room – 10 euro per day per person.
Participation fee does not include:
- Additional day in the hotels: 25, 30, 35 euro per person per day (depending on the category of service selected);
- Optional tours;
- International Transport, insurance;
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next step: a participating group transfers 50% advance payment of the whole fee to be paid. Remaining 50% is to be transferred not later than a week ahead of the start of Festival.
The event was attended by more than 1000 participants from different countries of the world and different regions of Georgia.
In framework of the Festival, on April 26, at 12:00 noon, in Tbilisi Elene Akhvlediani Children’s Art Gallery was held the meeting foreign guests and representatives of the Georgian Union of Choreography and the opening of the exhibition of works by the Arts Students of the IAID Academy from Doha, Qatar.
The exhibition and meeting was opened and the audience present was greeted by the Executive Secretary of the Georgian Union of Choreographers, Art Folk Union Director Mr. Murman Gamisonia; speeches were also made by the Director of the Taal Group from India Mrs. Krutika Shah and heads of exhibition participant groups.
Director of the Elene Akhvlediani Children’s Art Gallery Lia Gorgadze spoke about the importance of the exhibition and of the museum itself.
At 5 p.m., on April 26, first concert of the International Festival Rhythms of Spring 2019 was held at the Mtskheta Culture Center. In the concert participated Festival guests from Qatar, India, Israel, Russia and Armenia, along with numerous ensembles from throughout Georgia. By organization from the Taal Group from India, in the Culture Center Hall was organized the exhibition-selling of handmade items.