Location: DUBROVNIK, Croatia
Application Deadline: 16 October, 2022
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on International festival “DUBROVNIK FESTIVAL DAYS” 01 -04 September 2023 Dubrovnik,Croatia
DUBROVNIK- History is present in every part of this city, because it is at the same time a city museum and a living stage, an ideal blend of history and modernity. Every corner of the Adriatic pearl, as it is called, has its value.
It is surrounded by unique medieval walls 1940 meters long which have been preserved in their original form and opened to visitors as the biggest attraction of Dubrovnik. As one of the first in Croatia, since 1979 the city enjoys the protection of the world organization UNESCO. Thanks to its rich history, geographical position, mild climate, traditional kindness, knowledge and experience in tourism, Dubrovnik is recognized in the tourist markets for the high quality of its tourist product.
Dubrovnik is the Croatian congress center, the city with the largest number of organized gatherings, congresses and special “incentive” programs and records the best results in this tourist segment.
Dubrovnik is presented to the world as a cultural destination, which, in addition to the monumental treasure, is adorned with a number of excellent festivals, prestigious art events, outdoor concert and entertainment projects, exceptional artists, top water polo players and swimmers. The 68th year of the Dubrovnik Summer Festival, an exceptional and irresistible Festival of Early Music, traditional festivals such as the Feast of the Patron Saint of the City.
Dubrovnik is also a destination for enjoying your vacation, by air very well connected with all major centers of Europe. Dubrovnik is an enchanting city, which you fall in love with and come to again and again, searching for its countless stories, discovering unique experiences in it.
Dubrovnik in three days:
Take a walk through the city walls and inevitably enter the Maritime Museum and get acquainted with the centuries-old maritime tradition of the Republic of Dubrovnik, learn more about famous sailors, mathematician Getaldić and physicist RuđerBošković and their calculations on the carrying capacity of merchant ships.
Be sure to visit the small museum of the Dubrovnik Synagogue with a series of exhibits that testify to the life of Jews in Dubrovnik. On the hill Srđ, in the Imperial Fortress, remember the recent Dubrovnik past, the suffering of Dubrovnik in the Museum of the Defenders of the City.
A walk through the walls of Dubrovnik, climbing the steps of Dubrovnik, laundry that dries in the breeze in the narrow streets, charming restaurants and shops, a cocktail by the walls and the sound of the sea on Buža, a concert or show at some of Dubrovnik festivals will leave enough time to visit nearby places. surroundings.
Valentine’s Island – Lokrum is the closest to the historic city center. Centuries of rich history, legends and stories, the magic of the sea and nature will renew old loves or bring new ones.
Conditions of the festival:
- Choirs, Orchestras, Folklore and Modern Dance groups from all over the world
- The number of participants is limited.
- No age limits.
- Gifts and Diplomas for participation in the festival are provided by the organizer.
- Organization of the performances of the participants and the parade.
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival
Obligations of participants:
1. Each group must consist of dancers, musicians, group managers, and administration.
2. To prepare a program with a duration from 10 to 12 minutes.
3. You can perform with live music, USB and you should have a flag and a sign with the name of the group for the Defile.
4. The groups coming by bus should use their own transport all the time during the festival.
5. If the group needs a visa, it is the responsibility of the group to arrange it.
6. Groups should submit rooming lists not later than one month before the start of the festival
Insurance: Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group
Advertising of the festival: All festival events will be presented in the press, on the radio stations, as well as on local television programs, on flyers and posters.
The copyright of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival. By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions
- 135 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in Hotels & Apartments
- It covers accommodation in Hotels and Apartments.
- The groups will be accommodated in rooms with 3 and 4 beds with their own bathroom.
- Only 2 double rooms are available per group which can be used for the leaders and drivers.
- For any extra double room, the group should pay extra 15 euro/person/day and for a single room additional 20 euro per day.
- If the group shows interest in extending the stay the organizers should be informed during the application process (the price for an extra night on half board basis is 45 euro per person).
- For a group of 25 people, you will have 1 free-gratis.
- The groups will be accommodated after 12 PM, and leave the rooms before 10 AM.
- Important! Dubrovnik Tourist Tax and Insurance( 3 euros per person per day) is not calculated in the price and is to be paid after arrival and accommodation.
Checking in the hotel, free time for individual activities
Dinner in the hotel,
Dubrovnik cable cars on Srđ and a visit to the Museum of the Homeland War in Imperial, 25 euro in both directions.
Ensembles parade – Official opening of the festival
The city walls are one of the most monumental fortifications in Europe, 30 euro
Checking out of the hotels
*The organizer reserves the right of changes in the festival program
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment. As a next step: groups pay in advance a 1000 Euro