Location: BODRUM, Turkey
Director: Fatma & WOFA
Application Deadline: 30 June, 2021
The festival will be held in the town of Bodrum, It is located on the southern coast of Bodrum Peninsula and is also the center of the eponymous district. The city was called Halicarnassus of Caria in ancient times and was famous for housing the Mausoleum of Mausolus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.Confident as we are that music and dance are perhaps the best means of communication that best join different countries, we have taken this way of communication to know each other better and achieve a deeper knowledge of other cultures that have a different history own. In this way, we are trying to achieve our goal through both of the arts such as dance and music, in the strengthening of friendly links among all the countries of the world, “The hope for peace and well being amongst all nationalities”.
1. The International Bodrum “SARIYAZ” Dance and Music Festival is a non competitive sample of traditional and modern dances and music performed by amateur folkloric groups; it aims to make up friendship among the groups and the different countries and to favours the understanding of traditions and popular art. It’s sponsored by the Bodrum Municipality and Organized by Karya Event.
2. In the festival may participate, adult, youth and children folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other arts' styles.
3. It takes place in Bodrum – Turkey – the world’s famous tourist place on the Aegean Sea.
4. The participant groups are amateurs or professionals and they perform traditional and modern dances and musics in any of their manners. The participant groups will not receive any money for their performances.
5. There is no age restriction or number limitation for participants within a group. Each member of the group should have any kind of participation or responsibility within the group.
6. By the arrival in Turkey, the participants must have valid medical insurance /obligatory-in accordance with the Turkish legislation/
7. The organization will be given all the material and information needed for a better knowledge of the group, as well as the administrative requirements. The group should send before the 20th of June 2021 this information
8. By the arrival, the group will be informed about the definitive programme and all kinds of activities which are planned to be performed during the festival
9. The group will respect the timetables signalled by the organization at every moment.
10. All rights of the Committee reserved. The performances can be recorded, filmed or photographed totally or partially to be broadcast, published or to shell them without any obligation to pay the group for it.
11. The group will not able to take part in any public or private performance during the days of the festival unless it is organized by the Committee of the Festival or it is a written authorization signed by the Committee. This authorization should be asked for beforehand.
- IMPORTANT: A media member from your country must attend, with accommodation expenses covered by the festival committee. The professional information of the media member and the information about the media company to which she/he is affiliated must be reported to the festival committee by 20th June 2021 at the latest.
B. TRANSPORT AND TRAVEL RULES
14. The groups should pay the travel expenses to the city of Bodrum or Bodrum Airport and back (for the groups coming by plane).
15. If the group arrive at Bodrum airport, the transfers to Bodrum and back should be paid for by the participant group.
16. The groups should cover the expenses produced by the visas, baggage excess and others.
17. If the group travel by its bus, it will be at the service of the small journeys around the city during the festival days. The festival committee will provide 100 lt. fuel for the buses. Any expense caused by the usage of the bus (accident, rob, breakdown, etc...) should be covered by the vehicle’s insurance.
18. The participant group has to arrive at Bodrum (Turkey) on the 22nd of September 2021 after 12:00 o’clock and leave on the 26th of September 2021 after having breakfast.
19. The groups will stay in 3* and 4* Hotels all-inclusive. Registration fee for participants and accompanying is 140,- Euro per person.
D. PROGRAMME RULES
20. Each group will take part in the different recitals and acts organized by the Committee.
21. The acts that planing to take place are:
a. Opening Ceremony
b. Closing Ceremony
c. Festival performances – max. 15 min. for each one group
d. Reception in the City Council: exchange of presents
e. Festival market: each group has a stand to sell and expose the typical products of its countries.
f. Flashmob acting
g. As well as cultural and artistic events for the cultural introduction of the city, the committee will organize parties and games as a socializing opportunity for groups.
Cultural and amusement acts.
a. Bodrum Castle
b. Cultural City Tours
c. Gumbet Bars Street
d. Beach Clubs
e. Daily Yacht tour on Aegean Sea - it should be paid additionally
E. ARTISTIC RULES
a. The performances will be with live or pre-recorded music. Only studio-recorded quality music shall be used in performances with pre-recorded music.
b. The groups will have water during their performance
c. The time of performance can be from 5 to 15 minutes according to the definitive programme given by the committee.
d. The committee will send a programme of the Festival in advance.
e. This programme can be modified by the committee if there is any change committee will inform the directors about the changes.
f. The group must respect its time of performance, which can’t be exceeded
NUMBER SEATS IS LIMITED!!