Location: Targu Mures - Tarnaveni, Romania
Director: Vasile & WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 November, 2021
I N V I T A T I O N
Participants in the festival:
- The Ensemble taking part in the Festival should not outnumber 40 persons (including: leaders, drivers, interpreters and other people). Groups exceeding this number should not be admitted to take part.
- The Ensemble must not make any other engagements within the festival period and should take part in rehearsals and concert/s, included in the festival program.
- The Ensemble must strictly observe the festival program/schedule as well as the duration of its concert performances. The Ensemble can perform at other venues only after an agreement with the Festival.
- The Ensemble may be programmed to appear at various promotional events in Tarnaveni - Targu Mures and nearby towns.
- Information and detailed program of the Festival will be sent not later than July 2021.
- The Director of the Ensemble is responsible for the discipline of the group’s members, including the punctuality regarding the program, good relations with the other groups, as well as the artistic quality of the group, corresponding to the submitted publicity materials.
- The Festival expects the Ensemble to arrive at the hotel up to 12:00 a.m. on 19 August (Thursday) and to leave on 23 August (Monday) 2021.
- The Festival does not undertake to provide accommodation and meals after the end of the Festival. The groups should leave the hotel on 23 August, after breakfast.
- The Festival provides a bus from the Cluj Napoca/Sibiu airport to the festival office for the groups out of Europe, which come by plane.
- The Ensemble must inform the Festival of its confirmed travel arrangements as well as about the visa procedure (if needed) not later than 31 May 2021.
- The Festival expects Ensemble to give two performances daily and/or in the evening on the open-air and indoor stages and to take part in the processions along the streets of the town. Performances are usually between 5-10-15 minutes. The Ensemble may be asked to perform in some venues where it is not appropriate for the whole group to appear. Information on the group’s suitability for such performances would be useful.
- The Ensemble should perform under the accompaniment of live or recorded music. The Festival will provide sound equipment whenever appropriate.
- The Ensemble must bring a national flag of its country.
- The Festival provides for all groups spare time for rest when a cultural and tourist program will be proposed to participants.
- The Ensemble grants gratuitously to the Festival its copyright to broadcast live and make audio-visual recordings (for radio and television) of the performances given by the Ensemble during the festival.
- 125 Еuro per person.
Participation fee includes:
- The Festival provides for the Ensemble accommodation, meals (FB: breakfast, lunch and dinner-package) during its stay in Tarnaveni/Targu Mures-Romania within the festival period at the price of 125 euro/person.
- The accommodation will be in a hotel (3***) in rooms for 2/3 persons, including breakfast, lunch and dinner-package for the whole festival period.
- The Festival will provide a guide-interpreter for each ensemble, speaking English.
- All groups will receive a plaque and diploma for their participation. An exchange of souvenirs with the organizers and local authorities is expected.
The participation fee does not include:
- The Ensemble is obliged to make medical insurance for the members of the group for the whole festival period, which should be submitted at the frontier-post when crossing the border of Romania.
- The Festival should be responsible for arranging medical care in an emergency and for any injuries that take place during the festival. The Festival is not responsible for providing medical care before its beginning.
- Every special need and requirement will be considered according to the circumstances.
Number of seats is limited!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 21 August 2019
“SUCCESFUL EDITION OF THE FESTIVAL FOLK FRIENDS TOGETHER”
More than 600 participants from 12 folklore groups performed at the open stages of International Folklore Festival "FOLK FRIENDS - TOGETHER", which took place from 14 to 19 August 2019 in Targu Mures, Romania.Festival director notes that the event is considered successful in every aspect - from welcoming participants to their departure: “I want to thank all the participants for the way they have responded to our demands and for the shows offered to the public and, of course, I want to thank all those who have contributed to achieve it: JUNII TARNAVEI Association, the Town Hall and Local Council in Tarnaveni, the County Council Mures, C.I.D.-UNESCO (the ensemble JUNII TARNAVEI is a member of the CID organization), WOFA and RUCK VENTILATOARE - OFFICIAL PARTENER. We're waiting for you on a new edition of the International Folklore Festival "FOLK FRIENDS TOGETHER" next year.”During their free time all the groups had fun, visiting the sights of the city, accompanied by guides - members of the ensemble JUNII TARNAVEI.