Location: PRAGUE, Czech Republic
Director: Zoran & WOFA
Application Deadline: 16 December, 2021
With pleasure we invite you (Folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Music & Folk - Dance festival “ Prague Festival Days” 06 – 09 August, 2021.
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe in terms of its setting on both banks of the Vltava River, its townscape of burger houses and palaces punctuated by towers, and its individual buildings. The Historic Centre represents a supreme manifestation of Medieval urbanism (the New Town of Emperor Charles IV built as the New Jerusalem). The Prague architectural works of the Gothic Period (14-th and 15-th centuries), of the High Baroque of the 1-st half of the 18-th century and of the rising modernism after the year 1900, influenced the development of Central Europe, perhaps even all European architecture. Prague represents one of the most prominent world centres of creative life in the field of urbanism and architecture across generations, human mentality and beliefs.
In the course of the 1100 years of its existence, Prague’s development can be documented in the architectural expression of many historical periods and their styles. The city is rich in outstanding monuments from all periods of its history. Of particular importance are Prague Castle, the Cathedral of St Vitus, Hradćany Square in front of the Castle, the Valdgtejn Palace on the left bank of the river, the Gothic Charles Bridge, the Romanesque Rotunda of the Holy Rood, the Gothic arcaded houses round the Old Town Square, the High Gothic Minorite Church of St James in the Starе Mĕsto, the late 19-th century buildings and town plan of the Nоve Mĕsto.
As early as the Middle Ages, Prague became one of the leading cultural centres of Christian Europe. The Prague University, founded in 1348, is one of the earliest in Europe. The milieu of the University in the last quarter of the 14-th century and the first years of the 15th century contributed among other things to the formation of ideas of the Hussite Movement which represented in fact the first steps of the European Reformation. As a metropolis of culture, Prague is connected with prominent names in art, science and politics, such as Charles IV, Petr Parléř, Jan Hus, Johannes Kepler, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Kafka, Antonín Dvořák, Albert Einstein, Edvard Beneš (co-founder of the League of Nations) and Václav Havel.
14.00 Arriving in Prague, hotel accommodation after the meeting with the festival representatives and free time
19.00 – 20.00 Diner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception with the leaders of the groups
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 15.00 Facultative tour of Prague with attendance of professional local guides: (2 parts with relax on boat) walk through main avenue Wenceslas square (Vaclavske namesti) National museum, then Old town square. Departure to a famous Prague Jewish ghetto and visit to famous Synagogue with walk through most expensive street in Prague – Pariska street. Then departure to Vltava and tour of Carl’s bridge. Arriving to docks. Facultative boat tour on the river Vltava for 1 hour with audio guide Walk tour 2nd part… Prague Castle, Mala Strana, Kampa….
17.30 – 18.30 Diner in hotel
19.00 Ensemble parade and Official festival evening
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
09.00 – 17.00 Visiting Karlovy Vary or free shopping time…
Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) is a spa town in the west Bohemia region of the Czech Republic. Its numerous thermal springs have made it a popular resort since the 19th century. The riverside spa district is home to several colonnades with columned walkways. The modern Hot Spring Colonnade houses the Pramen Vřídlo geyser, which spouts up to 12 meters high.
17.30 – 18.30 Diner in hotel
19.00 Closing ceremony of the festival organized in a conference hall where every group will have max 10min performance where organizers give certificates and presents for the groups than exchange presents and disco party with all participants…
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
General rules for participation:
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- In the festival can participate folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs, music bands from all over the world.
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation. The application is guaranteed by the advance payment amounting to 30% of the overall cost. This amount will not be refunded in the event of renunciation of participation.
- The number of the participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group by e-mail.
- Until 10th of May 2020 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
- 121 Euro per person for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day- Half Board).
- 151 Euro per person for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day - Half Board).
It covers hotel accommodation in 4* hotel Top in Prague with Half board service or in Crystal hotel in Prague.
On your request you can stay longer in Prague. Every day of stay longer before or after festival has to be paid 33 euro/per person for accommodation in 4**** hotel…
Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Participation fee includes:
- Participation in the festival concerts,
- Accommodation in 4* Top Hotel or Hotel Chrystal (3-4 bedded rooms, supplement for a double room is 5€/person/day, supplement for single room is 15 €/person/day),
- Half-board hotel accommodation
- Welcome cocktails with the leaders of the groups
- Souvenir and gift for each group
- Certificate for attendance
Participation fee does not include:
- Optional Programs
- What is not specified in the above mentioned “the fee includes”
Groups arriving by plane will be transported from the hotels with organized buses and will be accompanied to their departure in the same conditions. The transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is paid additionally.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
Invitation letter will be provided if needed.
In 2018 we had 5 groups with 200 participants (children, youth and adults) from 5 different countries
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 08 august 2019
XI International Folklore Dance and Music Festival PRAGUE FESTIVAL DAYS" was held in the period August 5-8, 2019 in the "Domovina" Cultural center in Prague (Czech Republic).
The folklore forum was attended by more than 300 performers who presented folklore and traditions of Lithuania, Poland,Latvia and Romania.
The festival concert where the groups presented the richness of their culture was held on August 6th. At the end of the concert, an awarding ceremony was held and the groups received diplomas and gifts. Participants established international friendships and exchanged gifts and souvenirs.
During their stay in Prague, participants had the opportunity to attend the optional programs, so that they visited Prague city and Karlovy Vary.
Some moments of the festival you have on the link:
Next festival in Prague from 06 - 09 august 2021