Location: ESPUMOZO, Brazil
Application Deadline: 1 May, 2021
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, Ballroom dance teams, art schools, Music theatre, modern dance teams, orchestras and majorette teams), (children and youth groups) to participate on XI INTERNATIONAL MUSIC & FOLK - DANCE FESTIVAL "MUNDO EM DANCA " from 03 - 20 September 2021
It is a folklore festival which is filled with dance performances, music concerts and workshops in multiple stages, parades, official visits, cultural exchanges and tours. The shows will be spread between Espumoso and neighbouring towns. Espumoso and surronding towns are fellow in this project and together they are open to diversity of folkloric or traditional manifestation by dance groups from all Brazilians states and foreign countries. The Organizing Committee will have the right to register images (filming and photographs) of the groups and presentations, whose purpose is for institutional records and event advertising, without ensuring the groups and its members rights for the use.
Only Groups Folklore and similar which have been selected after the registration period will be able to participate of the Festival de Folclore Mundo em Dança 2021.
All the groups must have live music.
Each participating group must not exceed 25 (twenty five) participants, it including directors, musicians, dancers, support staff and so on.
For groups that do not have they own musicians (using playback), the maximum number of components must not exceed 17 (seventeen people).
In case of need the delegation may exceed the number of participants, however each extra people will be charged a fee of US$ 130.00 (one hundred and thirty US dollars).
With your application form, You have to send us :
- The groups full name, address, state, country, email address and phone number;
- Directors full name, identity document, email address and phone number.
- A brief historic of the group;
- Three (03) high resolution photographs in JPG format, indispensable for the
events advertising, therefore it is hereby agreed the right of publicity of them,
- Videos with group’s performance. Ps. YouTube link is acceptable.
Obligations of the Selected Group:
-Arrive in Espumoso / RS - Brazil or at Salgado Filho Airport in Porto Alegre / RS - Brazil, on 03/09/20201and return on 21/09/2021 by noon.
Important Information: The Festival de Folclore Mundo em Dança is NOT responsible for groups that do not comply with the arrival day and time established by the Organizing Committee.
Important Information: We recommend to the groups to have a health insurance, as we are not liable for any hospital expenses such as doctor appointments, surgeries and/or purchasing of medicines.
- Accommodation: For up to 25 (twenty five) participants of each selected group, except Espumoso residents. The accommodation may be in dormitories or shared accommodation with meals free of charge,
If you want hotel 3 or 4* we can provide for you and it is paid.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the event, with predetermined schedules;
- Ground Transport: From the at Salgado Filho Airport in Porto Alegre / RS - Brazil, to the accommodations and return, as well as all transfers to attend the festival program;
- Infrastructure: The Festival will provide all basic technical infrastructure (lighting structure, sound structure and dressing-rooms);
- Guided tours: All guest groups will be accompanied to local sightseeing tours during their stay;
- Guide or Interpreter: The group will be accompanied from their arrival until their departure of the Festival by a member of the Festival who will serve as a translator to the group’s chosen language, upon its confirmation of registration;
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED..
Applications for participation in this festival are accepted only from collectives members of WOFA
How to become member of WOFA CLUB visit the link:
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 21.09 2019
PERFORMERS FROM 8 COUNTRIES KEEP VIVID MEMORIES OF BRAZIL'S "MUNDO EM DANÇA" FESTIVAL
The Folklore Festival "Mundo em Dança" took place in Brazil from September 6 until September 21, 2019. During this period, folklore ensembles from Argentina, Romania, Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia, Colombia, Paraguay, Mexico and local representatives, who showed Brazilian folk dances and music, appeared on the stages of educational centers and participated in colorful shows, learning about the beauty of the region.
The next edition of the forum is scheduled for September 5-20, 2020, and organizers say the event will be large-scale and will give the best opportunity for all participants to present their traditional folklore arts while exploring the exotic nature and the sights of the area
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 22.09 2018
GROUPS FROM 10 COUNTRIES MADE A FOLK SHOW IN BRAZIL
From 1 to 21 September in в Espumoso (Brazil) was held the festival "Mundo em Dança". It was attended by 300 participants from Poland, Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Panama, Peru, Lithuania and Brazil.
"The festival was not of a competitive nature. The performances were based on a cultural show." said the festival director."
In 2018, the groups visited 21 cities, where they were able to show their dances to thousands of people. In addition, the groups visited schools and exchanged knowledge and experience with children and teenagers.
"The schools they visited were decorated with the colors and culture of each country. The groups participated in parades. The festival offered free excursions and allowed participants to choose the trip they would like to make.", said in addition the director.
The festival "Mundo em dança" is being held in many cities in the state Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.