I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams, modern dance), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Music & Folk - Dance festival “BAR FESTIVAL DAYS ” 12 - 16 May, BAR - SUTOMORE - CANJ,Montenegro 2022
Participants are ensembles from Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Ukraine,Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia, Romania, Slovenia, Italy, Sweden, Moldavia, Armenia, Croatia, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary…
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
Bar is an ancient city. There is very little precise information on its origin. The claim that humans lived in this region in prehistoric, Illyrian, Greek and Roman times is confirmed by archaeological finds of significant scope and quality: remains of Neolithic material found during excavation of a well in the settlement of Cheluga an Eneolithic axe from Shushanj, the Great Grave in Shushanj, a tumulus in the village of Ravanj, various vases featuring black figures, etc. The old olive tree at Mirovica is a monument of nature that has witnessed the existence of organized settlements and the hard-working people of this region for more than 2000 years.A modern city with wide boulevards, surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, Bar represents the biggest tourist and nautical center at the entrance to the Adriatic Sea. its panorama today consists of tourist sites, restaurants, shops, sports facilities and a dock with 1150 berths.Two equally beautiful shores in the Municipality of Bar, those of the Adriatic Sea and Lake Skadar, the former stretching for 46 km with 9 km of beaches and the latter being 65 km long, are ready to satisfy the diverse tastes of tourists. This entire area, surrounded by water, comfortably rests between the Adriatic Sea and Skadar Lake. The Ruminja mountain rises high up into the skies between these two watery giants. Here there are rich farming areas with many springs coming down from the mountains to the see, with fields abundant in Mediterranean flora and agriculture, whilst on the other side, which is steeper and sunnier, slopes down towards Skadar Lake.
The eternal beauty of the Bar area, its beaches, waters, moderate climate, Mediterranean plants, cultural and historical monuments, culture and entertainment are here for you to come and discover all the beauties of this place and to enjoy them.
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore ensembles, Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, total program of 12-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
13.00.Arrival in Bar , hotel accommodation
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 -14.00 Budva sightseeing and boat trip to St.Stefan - 10 euro per person)
18.00.Dinner in hotel
20.00 - 23.00 Ensembles parade, exchange presents on the stage
- Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Beach time Visiting Dubrovnik (optional) or visiting Kotor (optional) or visiting old Bar
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.30 - 23.00 Second festival evening (optional) in Budva or free time
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Beach time, free activities
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00.- 00.00 Party for goodbay
8.00 - 09.00 Breakfast
11.00 Departure of the participants
Accommodation in 3* hotel:
- 71 Euro for 3 HB per person ( 3 nights with 2 meals per day- open buffet)
- 91 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
It covers hotel accommodation in 3* hotels like Hotel Costelo, hotel Adria in Bar, Hotel Montenegro in Canj..
For drivers and leaders will be accommodate in double rooms and other double rooms are additional 5 euro per day per person..additional lunch is 5 euro per person per day..
NOTE: For the groups Members of the Club of the WOFA festivals discount for this festival is 8%
You can see how was last years in Bar festival on folowing link:
Festival organizers provide:
- for 21 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- welcome reception,
- advertising of the festival (press release,social media promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Bar or Budva. Price will be 22 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
Organizers keep the right to change program of the festival. After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link of the festival where you can take photos and videos from the festival.....
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, Podgorica airport or Dubrovnik airport (Croatia) during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 on this Festival participated over 330 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 5 countries of Europe.
In 2019 on this Festival participated over 300 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 10 countries of Europe.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED ON 400 OR 10-12 GROUPS!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 19 May 2019
BAR FESTIVAL DAYS GATHERED 300 PARTICIPANTS FROM 8 COUNTRIES
International festival "BAR FESTIVAL DAYS" was held in the period 10-14 May 2019 in Bar - Petrovac, Montenegro. "8 groups took part in the folklore forum. About 300 participants performed at the festival evening, present their culture.On the welcome reception with leaders of the groups presented detail information. Next day was the festival evening on the Culture center in Bar. Other days they had excursions by boat to Budva and they visited Dubrovnik,Croatia by bus – informed director of the festival Mr Zoran Strezovski.
Reviews from the groups:
This festival has review of 8 groups and average estimation is EXCELLENT - 9,0/10