Location: LUGOJ, Romania
Application Deadline: 1 May, 2021
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, Ballroom dance teams, art schools, Music theatre, modern dance teams, orchestras and majorette teams), (children groups) to participate on XI INTERNATIONAL MUSIC & FOLK DANCE FESTIVAL “ANA LUGOJANA ” from 11 - 15 August 2021
The International CHILDREN Folk Festival "Ana Lugojana" is included on the agenda of the International Board of Organization of Folk Festivals. It is organized by the Ana Lugojana Cultural Association, in cooperation with the Cityhall and the Municipal Council of Lugoj and the Council of Timis County.
The festival takes place on every two years from 11th to 15th of August. Eleven editions of the festival have already taken place with the participation of different folk groups from Greece, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Poland, Serbia, Republic of Moldova, France, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Belarus, Lithuania, Belgium, Portugal, Cyprus, Macedonia, Turkey,etc.
- Folk groups with a rich musical and choreographic repertoire are invited to take part in the festival;
- Performance can last 5,10, and 20 minutes;
- A group should include dancers, musicians (who will play „live”), head of the group, choreographer, teacher, instructor, drivers, etc., but not more than 35 persons;
- Participants must be 8-14 years old
- All groups will be accommodated in international standard hotels. If the number of members exceeds 35 then the festival committee does not guarantee any high standard of accommodation for all members.
- The accommodation, meals, will be met by the organizing committee during the period 11th – 15th August 2020
- Groups should arrive to Lugoj on 11th August in the evening; leave on 16th August in the morning.
- If you travel by plane, the airport you need to use is: Timisoara (Romania) or Belgrade (Serbia)!
- Each candidate group needs to send the name, address, phone & fax numbers, and the name of the group’s director. In addition, a short history of the group including achievements need to be prepared in a Microsoft Office Word document. This requirement is for easier and fast evaluation of the candidate group. Additional information will be needed in case of selection of the group for the festival.
- The language of correspondence is English.
- The festival committee will evaluate the candidate groups and decide which groups are eligible for participating in the festival.
- The festival committee will be happy to provide additional travel information on request. The festival committee can also contact the embassy of your country to help for obtaining the visas, if needed.
- 100 Euro per person - 5 FB in a Hotel
Participation fee includes:
- organizational expenses
- accommodation in a Hotel for 5 nights with 3 meals per day
open-air folk performances;
folk costumes parades;
meeting the Mayor of Lugoj;
taking part to the folk holiday of the town „Ruga Lugojanã” (15 August).