I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras, art schools, ballroom dance groups, modern dance groups, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on xi International music & folk – dance festival “BUDAPEST FESTIVAL DAYS ” 15 -18 July ,Budapest, Hungary 2022
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Budapest - is the biggest city and the economic, historic, cultural and touristic capital of Hungary. It is a city on either side of the majestic Danube: Buda, with its romantic streets and alleyways, and Pest, an effervescent cultural center. Budapest is a city of thermal baths, striking turn-of-the-century architecture, classical music, cultural monuments and vibrant nightlife.
The main sights in Budapest are the Castle Hill (Várhegy), the Parliament House (Országház) and St. Stephen’s Basilica. Budapest is also known for the ruins of Aquincum, the capital city of the Roman Province of Pannonia. The city has a great atmosphere with nice cafes, spas and the traditional Hungarian hospitality.
Often described as the “Little Paris of Middle Europe”, Budapest is famous not only for the monuments reflecting its own 1,000-year-old culture, but also for the relics of others who settled here. Remains from both Roman occupation and much later ruled by the Turks can still be seen in the city. After the Ottoman Empire the union with Austria has a particular influence on the city’s form and style.
Budapest has a lot to offer. Museums and galleries, churches and synagogues, palaces and historic buildings, baths and pools are presented together with the influence of Secession in the city. There is an unmistakable feeling that something out of the ordinary is just around the corner, but what it will be is up to you to find out…
14.00 Arriving in Budapest, hotel accommodation after the meeting with the festival representatives and free time
19.00 – 20.00 Diner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception with the leaders of the groups
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 15.00 Facultative tour of Budapest
Optional program: tour guide around Budapest: a 4 hour sightseeing tour with a professional tour guide in the group’s own language: Visit of the Castle Hill – Mathias Church and Fisherman’s Bastion – Citadel – Basilica – Andrássy Street – Square of Heroes. Optional program – boat trip on the river Danube in Budapest…
17.30 – 18.30 Diner in hotel
19.00 Ensemble parade and Official festival evening
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 15.00 Visiting Estregon, Visegrád, Szentendre or free time for shopping
Optional program: tour guide around the maintain places: a few hour sightseeing tour with a professional tour guide in the group’s own language: Visit of Visegrád which is a small castle town in Pest County. Visegrád is famous for the remains of the Early Renaissance summer palace of King Matthias Corvinus of Hungary and the medieval citadel. In this tour we are also visiting Esztergom which lies in Komárom-Esztergom county, on the right bank of the river Danube, which forms the border with Slovakia there.
After the two visits we are going to Szentendre. It’s known for its baroque architecture, churches, colorful houses and narrow, cobbled streets. The main square, Fő Tér, and the alleyways around it are lined with art galleries, museums and shops. Just off the square, the 18th-century Greek Orthodox Blagovestenska Church has elaborate decor and an ornate partition screen.
The second festival event will be held in the main square in Szentendre. Where the organizers will give certificates and presents for the groups than exchange presents and small party with all participants…
20.00 – 21.00 Diner in hotel
08 – 10.00 Breakfast
General rules :
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- In the festival can participate folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs, music bands from all over the world.
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation. The application is guaranteed by the advance payment amounting to 30% of the overall cost. This amount will not be refunded in the event of renunciation of participation.
- The number of the participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group by e-mail.
- Until 10th of May 2021 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Collectives should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
- 126 Euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day- Half Board).
- 156 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day – Half Board).
Accommodation in 3* Hotels – half board (two meals per day) (3-4 bedded rooms, supplement for a double room is 5€/person/day, supplement for single room is 15 €/person/day),Hotel for accommodation like Timon, Palota City, Grand Richter hotel, Zuglo and similar like them...
If you want accommodation in 4* hotel we can arange and inform you how much it will cost.
Participation fee Includes:
- Groups of 23 persons: One group leader free of charge
- Welcome cocktails with the leaders of the groups
- Souvenir and gift for each group
- Certificate for attendance
- Drinks during the performance
On your request you can stay longer in Budapest. Every day of stay longer before or after festival has to be paid 38 euro/per person for accommodation in 3*** hotel…
Groups arriving by plane will be transported from the hotels with organized buses and will be accompanied to their departure in the same conditions. The transfer from the airport to the hotel and back is paid additionally.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
NUMBER OF SEATS ARE LIMITED on 400 partiipants or 10 groups!