Location: BUDVA, Montenegro
Director: Zoran Strezovski & WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 May, 2021
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups, orchestras majorette teams, ballroom dance teams, Art schools, Music theatres, modern dance group), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI IInternational Music & Folk - Dance festival “MONTENEGRO SUMMER FESTIVAL” 07 – 11 July, Budva – Kotor, Montenegro 2021.
Participants are ensembles from Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Ukraine,Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia, Romania, Slovenia, Italy, Sweden, Moldavia, Armenia, Croatia, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary…
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
Budva- One of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic coast, first mentioned in historical records more than two and a half thousand years ago as the “town of Illyria", this is a place that must be visited during a stay in the Riviera. A legend tells that Budva was established by Cadmus, a son of the Phoenician king, Agenor, and his Queen, Telephassa. Cadmus was the conqueror and ruler of the Greek province of Boeotia and, when he was exiled from the city of Thebes, together with his wife Harmonia, he found refuge with an Illyrian tribe called the Enchelei. According to the legend, Cadmus arrived with a team of oxen, which is where Budva got its name from (bous is Greek for ox). The older names of Budva were Butua, Buthos, Butoba and Civitas Antique (the Old Town). Throughout history, it has been a target of different conquerors (Greeks, Romans, Slavs, Saracens, Turks, Venetians, Austro-Hungarians, French) and as a result it has belonged to many different states. The Old Town is a unique architectural and urban whole, surrounded by medieval walls, complete with a fortress, towers and gates.
How it was on the festival last years you can see on the link:
13.00 Arrival in Budva, hotel accommodation (swimming and sunbathing)
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00 – 22.00 Welcome reception with leaders of the group
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 14.00 Beach time or Bar sightseeing (optional)
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner in hotel
20.00 – 23.30 Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Visiting Budva (optional)
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 – 22.30 Festival evening in Budva
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Beach time or visiting Kotor (optional)
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 – 00.00 Closing ceremony of the festival – certificates and presents from organizer of the festival, exchange presents and party for all participants..
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
11.00 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 16.00 Beach time and free activities
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 – 00.00 Firewall party
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
11.00 Departure of participants
- The festival is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, brass bands, orchestras and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore, Choral group, brass bands, orchestras and majorette Teams, modern dance groups have the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, total program of 12-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV (5-6 sentences on English) and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Ensembles should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
- 77 Euro / per person for 3 days half board (2 meals per day)
- 97 Euro / per person for 4 days half board (2 meals per day)
It covers hotel accommodation in Budva city in hotels like hotel Loza, Hotel Palma, Hotel Sea Star, Hotel Mona.. in the centre of the cityso do not need bus for anywhere, a in triple or quadruple rooms with 2 meals per day (open buffet in hotel Loza),
For leaders of the group and drivers will be two double rooms..for additional double rooms it is additional 5 euro day per room..additional linch is 6 euro per person..
NOTE: Montenegro tourist tax and insurance is 1.50 euro per person per day and it is not include in price
Festival organizers provide:
- For 23 dancers – one gratis, (23+1)
- Souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- Drinks during the performance,
- Reception in city hall,
- Advertising of the festival (press release, social media promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay. Price will be 28 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link fo the festival where you can take a photos and videos.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, Podgorica airport or Dubrovnik (Croatia) during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 on this Festival participated over 460 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 5 countries of Europe.
In 2019 on this Festival participated over 540 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 7 countries of Europe.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED on 400 or 10-12 GROUPS!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 14 July 2019
THE FESTIVAL DAYS IN BUDVA CONTINUED WITH "MONTENEGRO SUMMER FESTIVAL"
XI International music & folk-dance festival "MONTENEGRO SUMMER FESTIVAL" was held from 10 to 14 July. 10 ensembles from Poland, Ukraine, Romania, Croatia, Russia and Bulgaria took part in the forum.
The festival nights were held on 11 and 12 July. After the performances of the participants, the director of the event, Mr. Zoran Stresovski handed gifts and certificates to the artistic directors of the groups.
“The festival was really colorful with different dances and songs connected different culture and traditions” - said in addition Strezovski.
During the other days, guests of Montenegro enjoyed the beautiful town of Budva, swam in the warm Adriatic Sea and visited the picturesque coastal settlements in the south-eastern part of the country - Herceg Novi and Kotor.
More photos and videos from the festival on the link: