Location: PRAGUE, Czech Republic
Director: Z.S.& WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 July, 2022
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we invite you (Folk groups, Modern dance, Choral groups, orchestras,majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on International Music & Folk – Dance festival “ Prague FEST”27-30 October, 2022.
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe in terms of its setting on both banks of the Vltava River, its townscape of burger houses and palaces punctuated by towers, and its individual buildings. The Historic Centre represents a supreme manifestation of Medieval urbanism (the New Town of Emperor Charles IV built as the New Jerusalem). The Prague architectural works of the Gothic Period (14-th and 15-th centuries), of the High Baroque of the 1-st half of the 18-th century and of the rising modernism after the year 1900, influenced the development of Central Europe, perhaps even all European architecture. Prague represents one of the most prominent world centres of creative life in the field of urbanism and architecture across generations, human mentality and beliefs.In the course of the 1100 years of its existence, Prague’s development can be documented in the architectural expression of many historical periods and their styles. The city is rich in outstanding monuments from all periods of its history. Of particular importance are Prague Castle, the Cathedral of St Vitus, Hradćany Square in front of the Castle, the Valdgtejn Palace on the left bank of the river, the Gothic Charles Bridge, the Romanesque Rotunda of the Holy Rood, the Gothic arcaded houses round the Old Town Square, the High Gothic Minorite Church of St James in the Starе Mĕsto, the late 19-th century buildings and town plan of the Nоve Mĕsto.As early as the Middle Ages, Prague became one of the leading cultural centres of Christian Europe. The Prague University, founded in 1348, is one of the earliest in Europe. The milieu of the University in the last quarter of the 14-th century and the first years of the 15th century contributed among other things to the formation of ideas of the Hussite Movement which represented in fact the first steps of the European Reformation. As a metropolis of culture, Prague is connected with prominent names in art, science and politics, such as Charles IV, Petr Parléř, Jan Hus, Johannes Kepler, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Kafka, Antonín Dvořák, Albert Einstein, Edvard Beneš (co-founder of the League of Nations) and Václav Havel.
14.00 Arriving in Prague, hotel accommodation after the meeting with the festival representatives and free time
19.00 – 20.00 Diner in hotel and free time
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 – 15.00 Facultative tour of Prague with attendance of professional local guides: (2 parts with relax on boat) walk through main avenue Wenceslas square (Vaclavske namesti) National museum, then Old town square. Departure to a famous Prague Jewish ghetto and visit to famous Synagogue with walk through most expensive street in Prague – Pariska street. Then departure to Vltava and tour of Carl’s bridge. Arriving to docks. Facultative boat tour on the river Vltava for 1 hour with audio guide Walk tour 2nd part… Prague Castle, Mala Strana, Kampa….
17.30 – 18.30 Diner in hotel
19.00-22.00 Festival evening (sertificates and exchange presents)
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
09.00 – 17.00 Visiting Karlovy Vary or free shopping time…
Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) is a spa town in the west Bohemia region of the Czech Republic. Its numerous thermal springs have made it a popular resort since the 19th century. The riverside spa district is home to several colonnades with columned walkways. The modern Hot Spring Colonnade houses the Pramen Vřídlo geyser, which spouts up to 12 meters high. (optional tour program)…
18.00 - 20 00 Diner in hotel and free time (wolking in the night trough magig Prague)
7.30 – 10.00 Breakfast
General rules :
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- In the festival can participate folklore groups, orchestras, majorettes, modern dance groups, choirs, music bands from all over the world.
- Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form. All filled in and signed applications will mean acceptance of the terms laid by the present regulation.
- The number of the participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group by e-mail.
- Until 10th of April 2019 each group should send the list of participants, name/surname, sex, date of birth and passport number.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
Video from the festival on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5lO_Yca9c
- 99 Euro per person - Price of registration fee for Accommodation at Hotels like: Top hotel ****, Olympik Hotel****, Olympik Congress Hotel****, Olympik Tri Star Hotel ***
- 89 Euro per person - Price of registration fee for Accommodation at Hotels like Hotel Bridge ***
- paying goes in several month payments till departure time
- Participation fee includes:
- Hotel accommodation in hotels like «Top» ****www.tophotel.cz, Olympik Congress ****, Hotel Olympik Tri Star ***, Hotel Bridge***... in Prague based on 3 half board in 1/3 rooms (supplement for 1/2 room is from 5 Euro per person per night)
- Organization expenses
- Free place on every 25th member
- Inviting letter
- Participation fee does not include:
- Additional day in some of Hotels is from 25 Euro per person in 1/3 or 1/4 room (price depends on the choosen Hotel)
- Facultative tours (tour of Prague from 4 Euro per person, Dresden 25 Euro, Carlstein 15 Euro, Carl's vari 25 Euro, Discoteques 8 Euro, Ship tour 9 Euro – 10 Euro - prices depend on the number of persons
- Transport, parking, insurance ...
- Note: all ensembles must provide their own music, leading orchestra or music CDs. Each ensemble is obligated to set performance with duration of 5 - 15 minutes.
- NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!!!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 01.11. 2017
THE CZECH CAPITAL WELCOMED 400 PARTICIPANTS FROM 5 COUNTRIES AT A FESTIVAL
IV International Festival "Prague Fest" was held from 26th till 29th of October in Prague, Czech Republic. The festival was attended by groups from Poland, Bulgaria, India, Romania, Slovakia with 400 participants, informed Zoran Strezovski – main organizer of the event.
Artistic directors of the group had a meeting with the organizers in Olimpic Congress Hotel. The director of the festival welcomed them and wished success to all participants. All the groups were presented during the meeting. The concert was held on 27th of October in Congress hall of Top Hotel where the groups showed their performances. In the end of the festival evening the groups received certificates and exchanged gifts. On 28th of October, participants had the chance to explore the beauty of Prague, to have a boat trip on Vltava river and to visit Karlovy Vary.