Location: PARALIA,KATERINI, Greece
Application Deadline: 1 May, 2021
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE (folk ensembles, choral groups, orchestras,brass bands,majorette teams and modern dance groups),(children, youth and adult groups ) to participate on VI International Folk – dance & music festival in Paralia,Katerini 08 – 13 July, Paralia, Katerini, Greece 2021
Partipicants are ensembles from Russia, Lithvania, Lathvia, Poland, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Indonesia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Austria…
Program of the festival:
08 July Arrival of the groups to Paralia. Accommodation of the groups. Info meeting of the group representatives, giving useful and practical information”s about Paralia and staying of the groups in Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to some of the Discoteques. Overnight stay.
09 July Breakfast. In the morning the possibility of going to the famous Meteora. Travelling past Katerini, Olympus and Larisa to Meteora. A tour of the medieval monasteries, the monuments of special importance (Great Meteora, Holy Trinity, Varlam ...). Upon completion of the tour, a shorter stay in the picturesque town of Kalambaka and a visit to one of the icon "factories". The journey through the gorges Tembi, near the monastery of Agia Paraskevi and the source of Daphne with a short break. Return to Paralia. Dinner. Optional: Greek night at the Tavern or going to the Disco. Overnight stay.
10 July Breakfast. The possibility of going to Katerini, the capital of Pieria. Free time for walking, sightseeing, shopping. Return to Paralia in the afternoon. Dinner. Preparations of the Folklore Ensembles for the Performance. The parade of all Festival Groups.
Opening ceremony of the V International Folklore Festival in Paralia.
Folklore group performances. Awarding certificates, plaques and gifts.
Possible going to a mutual friendly night !!! Overnight stay.
11 July Breakfast. Possibility of a half-day tour of the foothills of Mount Olympus, as well as of the picturesque town of Litochoro. Afternoon return to the resort. Dinner. Preparations for the second night of Festival. Ensemble performances. The possibility of going to a Greek night or to the Disco. Overnight stay.
12 July Breakfast. Facultative tour to Thessaloniki, departure for Thessaloniki on morning hours. A panoramic tour of the White Tower, Rotonda, Galerius arch, Church of the Saint Apostles, the Saint Sofia and St. Demetrius – a patron saint of Thessaloniki. Return to Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to one of the Discos. Overnight stay.
13 July Breakfast. Free time till evening and unfortunately moving of all Ensembles back to their arrival point of departure with another meeting next year.
- 84 euro per person (3 HB)
- 105 euro per person (4HB)
- 125 Euro per person (5HB)
Participation fee includes:
- Accommodation in Hotel Apartmants and Villas in Paralia and Olympic Beach like: Vila Zoi, Vila Panos, Vila Stavros, Vila Fluris, Vila Asterias, Vila Stavros, Vila Limanaki, Vila London, Vila Lenka, Vila Apostolis, Vila Tomas, Vila Lana, in 1/3 and 1/4 Studios or Appartments on the basis of 5 half- boards (breakfast and dinner) – supplement for 1/2 rooms is 5 Euro per persons per night
- Free place of each 26-th member
- Letter of invitation
Participation fee does not include:
- Tourist tax (0.50 Euro per room per night)
- There is a possibilityof additional charges for the extra day at a price of 20 Euro – 25 Euro for the half board, according to the accommodation.
- Optional excursions (Pirate cruise 20 Euro Greek Night 18 Euro, Skiathos 30 Euro, a tour of Katerini 5 Euro, a trip to Meteora 20 Euro, a one-day trip to Thessaloniki 20 Euro, a tour of Litochoro and Dion 10 Euro, Discoteques 6 - 8 Euro…)
- Travel expenses, travel insurance, parking at the hotels, vignettes, the toll...
Note: all the ensembles must provide their own music, accompanying orchestra or music USB. Each ensemble is required to prepare a performance of 10 minutes.
THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED!