With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on VI International festival “SEA AND SAND DAYS ” 22 -26 June,Ayvalik 2023
Ayvalik - is a seaside town on the northwestern Aegean coast of Turkey. It is a district of Balıkesir Province. The town center of Ayvalık is surrounded by the archipelago of Ayvalık Islands, which face the nearby Greek island of Lesbos.
It was alternatively called Kydonies (Κυδωνίες) by the town's former Greek population; although the use of the name Ayvalık was widespread for centuries among both the Turks and the Greeks, pronounced as Ayvali (Αϊβαλί) by the latter.
Last year participated about 800 participants from Bulgaria, Indonesia, India, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Turkey
Conditions for participation:
- The groups are requested to arrive in Ayvalık on 23 June 2022 - 12:00 and depart on 27 June 2022 - 12:00, after breakfast.
- Participants age is not limited.
- Number of participants is not limited.
- We prefer dance groups with live music but recorded music also acceptable.
- The groups should prepare 5-10 minutes programs. All groups have to prepare minimum 2 different performances.
- Each group should bring flag of their country,
- Each participant will receive an attendance certificate.
- Pocket money will not be paid to the groups by Festival Committee
- After completing an application form, please, send by email minimum 6 digital pictures and a short description of your group and videos or links and descriptions of your performances.
- We request a book showing your country's Folk Dance clothes and a local big doll model of your country symbol.
- 140 Euro per person for 4 nights / 5 days
- 175 Euro per person for 5 nights / 6 days
- On every 25 participants one member is free of charge (24+1)
- For double rooms there is a supplement of 5 € per person per day, for single room 15 € per person per day.
Participation fee includes:
- Organizational expenses
- Accommodation in a Hotel for 4 nights or 5 nights with 3 meals per day. Open buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Free non alcohol drink.