I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups,Brass bands, orchestras, modern dance group, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on X International music & Folk - dance festival “VIENNA FESTIVAL DAYS” 26 - 29 March , Vienna, Austria 2023
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Vienna is one of the most beatiful city in Europe.Baroque streetscapes and imperial palaces set the stage for Vienna's artistic and musical masterpieces alongside its coffee-house culture and vibrant epicurean and design scenes.
Vienna's imperial grandeur is the legacy of the powerful Habsburg monarchy. Their home for more than six centuries, the Hofburg palace complex, incorporates the Burgkapelle (Imperial Chapel), where the Vienna Boys' Choir sings Sunday Mass, and the famed Spanish Riding School, where Lipizzaner stallions perform elegant equine ballet, along with a trove of museums, including in the chandeliered Kaiserappartements (Imperial Apartments). Other immense palaces include the baroque Schloss Belvedere and the Habsburgs' 1441-room summer residence, Schloss Schönbrunn, while 19th-century splendours such as the neo-Gothic Rathaus (City Hall) line the magnificent Ringstrasse encircling the Innere Stadt (inner city).
One of the Habsburgs' most dazzling Rinsgstrasse palaces, the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, houses the imperial art collection. It's packed with priceless works by Old Masters, and treasures including one of the world's richest coin collections. Behind the Hofburg, the former imperial stables have been transformed into the innovative MuseumsQuartier, with a diverse ensemble of museums, showcasing 19th- and 20th-century Austrian art at the Leopold Museum to often-shocking avant-garde works at the contemporary MUMOK. Meteorites, fossils and prehistoric finds fill the Naturhistorisches Museum, while exquisite furnishings at the applied-arts Museum für Angewandte Kunst are also among the artistic feasts in store.
With a musical heritage that includes composers Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Josef Haydn, Ludwig van Beethoven, Franz Schubert, Johann Strauss (father and son), Johannes Brahms and Gustav Mahler, among countless others, Vienna is known as the City of Music. Its cache of incredible venues where you can catch performances today include the acoustically renowned Musikverein, used by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, the gold-and-crystal main opera house, the Staatsoper, and the multistage Konzerthaus, as well as the dedicated home of the Vienna Boys' Choir, MuTh. Music comes to life through interactive exhibits at the captivating Haus der Musik museum.
After 14.00.Arrival in Vienna, hotel accommodation,
Free time for sightseeing
20.00 - 21.30. Meeting with the director of the festival
27.03. Day 2
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 15.00 Facultative tour of Vienna with attendance of professional local guides (optional).
Free time (prepear for festival evening)
18.30 – 21.30 Festival evening and after that closing ceremony of the festival – organizer will give certificates and presents for the group,
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 17.00 Visiting or shopping (Visiting midewall castle- optional)
21.00 - Free time in Vienna (restourant or club - optional)
11.00 Departure of the participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, folklore ensemble, choral groups, modern dance, majorette teams, orchestras..
- Every Folklore, Choral group, majorette Teams, modern dancegroup, orchestras has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of dancers, managers,musicians, and accompany people. Also you can invite family members and the price for accommodation is the same as the participants,
- Ensemble should have prepared program, 12- 15 minutes each with orchestra or USB.
- To send us short CV and 5 photos of the group,
- To bring a flag of the country,
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is
- 78 euro per person for 3 BB in luxury A&T hostel in the center of the city www.athostel.com
- 119 Euro per person - for 3 BB - accommodatiоn in 3* hotels
- 139 euro per person - for 3 BB - accommodation in 4* Hotel Pyramide 4****, www.austria-trend.at
It covers hotel accommodation 3 nights (bad and breakfast (OPEN BUFFET) - in multiple rooms on selected hotel...dinner is additional and cost 10 euro in Hostel, 19.5 euro in 3* hotel and 23 euro in 4* hotel..
For additional double rooms are additional 10 euro per person per day…single room 15 euro per person per day..
For additional days in 4* hotel it is 42 euro per person BB, in 3* hotel it is 39 euro per person BB and hostel is 28 euro per person per day BB..
Price not include tour tax (from 1 till 2 euro per day per person) and facultative excursions.
You can see how it was last year on video link:
Festival organizers provide:
- for 22 dancers – one gratis,
- Certificate for attendance,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- drinks during the performance,
- advertising of the festival (press release,social media promotions, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.After the festival finish organizers will send you LINK from the festival program for each group and photos so you ca take from there.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. Payment can be done on several parts.
All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 were participated 350 participants from 7 different countries..
In 2019 were participated 370 participants from 6 different countries..
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!!
NEWS ABOUT FESTIVAL Published on 03 April 2019
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND FOLKLORE "VIENNA FEST 2019" WAS HELD IN AUSTRIA
From 31 march till 03 April was organized 6 th edition of the festival Vienna fest 2019.
On the festival were participated over 400 participants from Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Macedonia, Slovakia..
Festival day was held on 01 April and it was open by director of the festival Mr Zoran Strezovski wish them succesful festival day and performances..
Mr Helmut Lorenc welcome the participants and shere memoris with them of his festival participation on many festivals in the past as a member of folklore ensemble from Vienna,Austria..
After performane organizer gives sertificates and presents for the groups..
During other days the festival participants have opportunety to visit beatifull Vienna.
Photos from the festival you can see on the link:
Reviews from the groups:
This festival has review of 9 groups and average estimation is VERY GOOD - 8,6/10