Location: OHRID, Macedonia
Director: Z Strezovski & WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 November, 2021
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on X International music & folk - dance festival "Ohridski Dalgi" 09 - 13 September, Ohrid 2022
Purpose of the festival: This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes. Ohrid will be the host and the gathering place for dance groups and national art groups from all around the world to meet new people, make new friendship relationships and also, see the beauties of our town Ohrid and the Ohrid lake, which are under the protection of UNESCO. The idea of the festival is to develop new forms of communication in the international dialogue and international cooperation in the future.Also to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
OHRID - The name Ohrid first appeared in 879. Between 990 and 1015, Ohrid was the capital and stronghold of Samoil’s medieval Macedonian state. From 990 to 1018 Ohrid was also the seat of the Ohrid Patriarchate.
Ancient ruins, beautiful amphitheatre, 3 citadel walls, St.Sofia Cathedral, St.Jovan Kaneo church, an important pilgrimage place. Breathtaking setting on a plateau over Ohrid Lake and Galicica mountain towering from behind. St.Naum monaster (one of the most beautiful monasteries in Macedonia) was founded in the 910 by St.Naum, but the present-day church was built in the 16th c. Of the original church just the side chapel with the grave of St.Naum still stands), gallery of exclusive icons, museums, workshops for hand-made paper, woodcarving and famous Ohrid pearls, are among hundreds sites for tourists worth to visit. There is also a strong Roman connection to the city, since Lychnidos was along the famous route Via Egnatia, build in the 2nd century B.C., connecting the Adriatic and Aegean sea. Considering the number of churches located in the Old town (365 churches according to the immemorial legend, for local people to celebrate every single day by honouring another saint), Ohrid is called “the Balkan Jerusalem”, successfully playing the role as the biggest pilgrimage spot for all the Orthodox Christians in the world.
Today Ohrid is a cultural, spiritual and tourist centre. And finally, as the crowning glory of its values, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid have been named a world cultural and natural heritage listed city under the protection of UNESCO since 1980.Feel Ohrid for once in your life and you already know why you will return.
How was on the festival past years visit the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFo9Rx6z_4U&t=1s
13.00.Arrival in Ohrid, , hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast,
11.00 -14.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (St.Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes …)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00-19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.00. Ensembles parade (old town)
19.30. Official opening of the festival and festival evening
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 14.30 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St. Naum monastery, culture place, (price 8 euros per person, lunch package),
16.00 – 18.00. Shopping in the city
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00.- 00.00 Social events, exchange presents, disco party
11.00 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Struga city (house of Miladinovci brothers, river Crni Drim, Kalsita caves church……),
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel and free activities,
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Firewall party
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Skopje city with guides (visiting monuments of Alexander of Macedon, National museum of Macedonian struggle, Macedonian GATE, Stone bridge…)
14.00 Departure from Skopje city
General rules :
· is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
· Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles(1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
· The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
· Each group should consist from 20 till 60 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
· Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
· To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
· To take a flag of the country,
· Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
· 58 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
· 79 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
· 64 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
· 89 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 24 Euro per day per person FB and 20 for HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
· Supplement for double room is 5 euro per day per person.
· Supplement for accommodation in a single room is + 50% of the price to be paid for the single person accommodated in such room.
Macedonian tourist tax is 1 euro per person per day and it is additional paymant.
Hotels where groups will be accommodate are:
- hotel Desaret (with outdoor swimming pool) www.hoteldesaret.mk
Hotel Montenegrin www.montenegrininn.com – hotel on the center
Vila Fortuna – Vila with restaurant on the center of the city
Hotel De Lux appartmants – on the center of the city
Hotel Cingo - hotel on the center
Festival organizers provide:
· for 20 dancers – one gratis,(21)
· souvenir and gift for each group,
· Welcome cocktail
· Certificate for attendance,
· free bus parking
· drinks during the performance,
· tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
· advertising of the festival (press release,social media promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link for video and photos from the festival so you can take it from there
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Ohrid airport, during the festival days and back to the same Ohrid airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary. Also, you can arrive in Ohrid airport and we will organize transport to hotel free of charge.
In 2019 on this Festival participated over 380 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 9 countries of Europe.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED ON 400 OR 10-12 GROUPS.