Location: Çanakkale , Turkey
Director: Erdem & WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 November, 2021
CITY OF PEACE, HISTORY and NATURE: “ÇANAKKALE”
The festival is in the center of Çanakkale. Çanakkale, a historical and touristic city, is located in Marmara Region. The history of Çanakkale starts with The city of Troia where the Trojan Wars took place, continued with Çanakkale victory . During the festival the groups can visit Çanakkale and remains of these two historical event in their free times.
Canakkale,with its natural wonder and historical wealth, is one of the unmatched cities of the world.The many times destroyed and rebuilt antique city of Troy. Alxandria Troas ,the biggest antique city of Anatolia, which was considered by Empreror Konstantin as the capital of his empire; Assos where Aristotle ,one of the most prominent philosopher of the history spent some part of his life; Apollo Smintheus Holy Area; Parion , near Biga Kemer ; Neandreia where once stood the Temple of Aiolia; the Zeus Altar mentioned by Homeros in his world-famous Iliad; the forts of Babakale, Cimenlik and Kilitbahir; the Gallipoli Peninsula one of the bloodiest battles of the 20th Century were fought ; the historical town of Gelibolu; the biggest Turkish island Gokceada; naturally beautiful Bayramic Ayazma; and the authentic Bozcaada with its crystal waters.
UNESCO declared that 2018 as a Troia Year. Troia is a city well-known to both history and legend (as well as archaeology), and was situated in northwest Anatoliain what is now Turkey , located south of the southwest end of theDardanelles/Hellespont and northwest of Mount Ida at Hisaronu. It is best known for being the setting of the Trojan Wardescribed in the Greek Epic Cycle and especially in the Iliad, one of the two epic poems attributed to Homer.
A new capital called Ilium was founded on the site in the reign of the Roman Emperor Augustus. It flourished until the establishment of Constantinople and declined gradually during the Byzantine era. In 1865, English archaeologist Frank Calvert excavated trial trenches in a field he had bought from a local farmer at Hisarlık, and in 1871, Heinrich Schliemann, a wealthy German businessman and archaeologist, also began excavating in the area. Finally he found Ancient Troia City.
Troia was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1998.
Conditions for participation:
- The groups are requested to arrive in ÇANAKKALE on 16. July - 10:00 and depart on 19.July .2021 - 12:00, after breakfast.
- Gifts provide for each person is an attendance certificate.
- Each group should bring flags of their countries and 3 gifts with them.
- We will prefer for dance groups with live music but recorded music also acceptable.
- Pocket money will not be paid to the groups by Festival Committee.
- The groups will prepare 5-10 minutes programs. All groups have to prepare minimum 2 different performances.
- We request a book showing your country's Folk Dance clothes and a local big doll model of your country symbol.
- At every group of 20 people, the 21-st is free of charge
- 120 euro per person (4 FB (with 3 meals per day)
Participation fee includes:
- The Groups will stay at high quality private hostels. ( as like www.ardesogrenciyurdu.com ) 2 and 3 beds in a room, inside bathroom, 3 meals daily.