Location: BUDVA - KOTOR, Montenegro
Director: Zoran & WOFA
Application Deadline: 15 April, 2021
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups, orchestras majorette teams, BALLROOM DANCE TEAM, modern dance group), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Children and Youth Music & Folk - Dance festival “JADRANSKO MORE ” 25 -30 July , Budva- Kotor-Herceg Novi, Montenegro 2021
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
BAR now as A modern city with wide boulevards, surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, Bar represents the biggest tourist and nautical center at the entrance to the Adriatic Sea. its panorama today consists of tourist sites, restaurants, shops, sports facilities and a dock with 1150 berths.Two equally beautiful shores in the Municipality of Bar, those of the Adriatic Sea and Lake Skadar, the former stretching for 46 km with 9 km of beaches and the latter being 65 km long, are ready to satisfy the diverse tastes of tourists. This entire area, surrounded by water, comfortably rests between the Adriatic Sea and Skadar Lake.
Budva – Stari grad
One of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic coast, first mentioned in historical records more than two and a half thousand years ago as the “town of Illyria,” this is a place that must be visited during a stay in the Riviera. A legend tells that Budva was established by Cadmus, a son of the Phoenician king, Agenor, and his Queen, Telephassa. Cadmus was the conqueror and ruler of the Greek province of Boeotia and, when he was exiled from the city of Thebes, together with his wife Harmonia, he found refuge with an Illyrian tribe called the Enchelei. According to the legend, Cadmus arrived with a team of oxen, which is where Budva got its name from (bous is Greek for ox). The older names of Budva were Butua, Buthos, Butoba and Civitas Antique (the Old Town)
Original Roman columns, set into the walls of Budva’s oldest gate, can also be seen in the Old Town.
- The festival is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, brass bands, orchestras and majorette teams.
- Participants should be children and youth but the guest and accompany people no limited..
- Every Folklore, Choral group, brass bands, orchestras and majorette Teams, modern dance groups have the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Each group should consist from 20 till 60 members including dancers, managers and musicians.
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, total program of 12-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV (5-6 sentences on English) and 2 – 3 photos of the group.
- To take a flag of the country.
Ensembles should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
13.00. Arrival in hotel,, hotel accommodation (swimming and sunbathing)
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception with leaders of the group
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast
10.00 -14.00 Beach time or Bar sightseeing (optional)
18.00. – 19.30 Dinner in hotel
20.00 - 23.30 Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast
10.00 -18.00 Beach time or Visiting Dubrovnik by bus
18.00. – 19.30 Dinner in hotel
21.00 - 23.00 Workshop: Learning diferent dancies
- 89 Euro per person for 3 nights half board (2 meals per day)
- 117 euro per person for 4 nights half board (2 meals per day)
- 146 euro per person for 5 nights half board (2 meals per day)
It covers hotel accommodation hotels in the center of the city in Hotel Palma,Hotel Loza, Tre Star, Hotel 219 in Budva in triple or quadruple rooms with 2 meals per day
For leaders of the group and drivers will be two double rooms..for additional double rooms it is additional 5 euro day per room
NOTE: Montenegro tourist tax is 1.00 euro per person per day and it is not include in price.
YOU CAN SEE HOW WAS LAST YEAR ON THE FESTIVALS IN BUDVA ON THIS LINK:
Participation fee includes:
- for 23 dancers – (24 is gratis)
- souvenir and gift for each group
- welcome cocktail
- certificate for attendance
- drinks during the performance
- advertising of the festival (press release, FB promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay. Price will be 28 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival ...
After the festival finish organizers will send you LINK from where you can take photos and videos from the festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 on this Festival participated over 290 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 6 countries of Europe.
In 2019 on this Festival participated over 310 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 7 countries of Europe.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!!!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 27 July 2019
BUDVA WELCOMED 400 PARTICIPANTS FROM 5 COUNTRIES AT A FESTIVAL
From 24 - 28 July in very famoues tourist place Budva,Montenegro was held XI International music and folk dance festival Jadransko More"
On the festival participated 6 groups ( folk dance ensembles and choir groups) with over 300 participants from Poland,Bulgaria,Latvia,Estonia..Festival was organized by World Festival Association - WOFA with support of Municipality of Budva..Festival evening was held on the main squere in Budva on the open stage in Tre Cane on 24 of April where director of the festival Mr.Zoran Strezovski wish them welcome on the festival and open the festival..After performances the groups were awarded with sertificates but also with huge aplause from audience on on the squere ..On 25 April was realised closing party on the beach where all participnts dancing together untill midnight..During the days participants visited Budva and Kotor cities