I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk ensembles, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Music &Folk - dance festival “OHRID MUSIC FESTIVAL ” 29 April - 02 May, Ohrid 2023
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Ancient ruins, beautiful amphitheatre, 3 citadel walls, St.Sofia Cathedral, St.Jovan Kaneo church, an important pilgrimage place. Breathtaking setting on a plateau over Ohrid Lake and Galicica mountain towering from behind. St.Naum monaster (one of the most beautiful monasteries in Macedonia) was founded in the 910 by St.Naum, but the present-day church was built in the 16th c. Of the original church just the side chapel with the grave of St.Naum still stands), gallery of exclusive icons, museums, workshops for hand-made paper, woodcarving and famous Ohrid pearls, are among hundreds sites for tourists worth to visit. There is also a strong Roman connection to the city, since Lychnidos was along the famous route Via Egnatia, build in the 2nd century B.C., connecting the Adriatic and Aegean sea. Considering the number of churches located in the Old town (365 churches according to the immemorial legend, for local people to celebrate every single day by honouring another saint), Ohrid is called “the Balkan Jerusalem”, successfully playing the role as the biggest pilgrimage spot for all the Orthodox Christians in the world.
Today Ohrid is a cultural, spiritual and tourist centre. And finally, as the crowning glory of its values, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid have been named a world cultural and natural heritage listed city under the protection of UNESCO since 1980.
"Feel Ohrid for once in your life and you already know why you will return".
Video from Ohrid festivals you can see on the link:
13.00.Arrivalin Ohrid, , hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception with the leders of the groups
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast,
10.00 -13.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (St.Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes …)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00- 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.15. Ensembles parade (old town)
19.30. Official opening of the festival
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 14.30 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St. Naum monastery, culture place, –(price 9 euros per person, lunch package),
16.00 – 18.00. Shopping in the city
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Firewall party, Social events, exchange presents, disco party with all participants with soft drinks for the children and vine for adults
11.00 Departure of the participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore,Choral group,orchestras, art schools and majorette Teams has the right to participate. On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers musicians and family member,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is
- 59 euro for 3 HB (3 nights with 2 meals per day - breakfast, dinner)
- 81 euro for 4 HB (4 nights with 2 meals per day - breakfast ,dinner)
- 68 euro 3 FB per person (4 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board).
- 85 euro for 4 FB per person ( 4 nights with 3 meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner) …
It covers hotel accommodation with 3 meals per day in 3*** hotels which are located in center of the city, in double (for drivers and leaders), triple and quadriple rooms …
HotelMontenegrin - hotel inthe center of the city www.montenegrininn.com
Hotel De Luks Apartmant - in the center of the city…
Hotel Plaza - www.galebiplaza.com.mk - hotel on the lake
Hotel Desaret is 3* hotel on the lake with outdoor swimming pool and only our organization has right of this hotel. Meals are open buffet and price is:
- 63 euro 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board)
- 84 euro 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
- 74 euro 3 FB per person (3 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board)
- 94 euro 4 FB per person (4 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board).
In 4* Hotel like Mizo, Hotel Prestige, Hotel Aqualina…
- 89 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
- 118 Euro per person for 4 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
Festival organizers provide:
- for 22 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- reception in city hall,
- advertising of the festival (news letters,social media promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 25 Euro per day per person FB and 22 euro for HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
Tourist tax is 1 euro per person per day and it is additional paymant.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link of all video materials and pictures where you can take photos from the festival
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Ohrid airport, during the festival days and back to the same Ohrid airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary. Also, you can arrive in Ohrid airport and we will organize transport to hotel free of charge.
In 2019 we have 395 participants on the fetsival from 9 EU countries
NUMBER OF SEATS ARE IMITED ON 400 participants or 10 groups.
NEWS ABOUT FESTIVAL Published on 04 May 2019
"300 PERFORMERS TOOK PART IN THE "OHRID MUSIC FESTIVAL"
In the period June 29 - 03 May, 2019, the XI International Folklore Dance and Music Festival "OHRID MUSIC FESTIVAL" was held. The forum was attended by more than 300 performers from different countries.Director of the festival Zoran Strezovski welcomed the participants and wished them successful performances on Macedonian stage. The festival concert was held on June 19 in the central square where the groups presented their culture and traditions through music, dances and songs. After their performances, the groups received certificates and gifts from the organizer.
During the festival days, the groups had an organized boat trip, they visited the Orthodox Monastery of St. Naum and the sights of Ohrid. More photos from the festival on the link:
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 03 May 2017
MUSIC AND DANCE FESTIVAL NEAR THE OHRID LAKE
The festival "Music, dance and lake" was held in Ohrid from 28th of April till 2nd of May. Groups from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Turkey and Romania took part in the event. Festival evening was coducted on the central square of Ohrid, named on St. Climent. The concert was on open-air stage in front of numerous spectators, said the main organizer of the festival Zoran Strezovski. He awarded the participants diplomas and gifts. Festive activities were continued in the restaurant of hotel "Makoteks" where the groups sang and danced together all night long.
"During their stay in Ohrid, performers have visited lot of monuments of culture, they have tried traditional wines and brandies and also have visited St.Naum by boat." added Mr. Strezovski.
Reviews from the groups:
This festival has review of 11 groups and average estimation is VERY GOOD - 8,4/10