XXII International music & dance festival FESTIVAL DAYS IN PARALIA
Location: PARALIA,KATERINI, Greece
Director: Z.S. & WOFA
Application Deadline: 31 March, 2023
With pleasure we INVITE (folk ensembles,choral groups, majorette teams...) (children, youth and adult groups) to participate on XXII International music & dance festival “FESTIVAL DAYS IN PARALIA” 18 - 23 July , Paralia,Katerini
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.The idea of the Festival is to bring the music closer to the people and to present the music on the streets and the squares.The festival is open for folk and choir ensembles, as well as orchestras and majorettes regardless of the members gender and age.
Paralia is famous holiday place on the Aegean coast of Greece with many sends beach .Festival program will be held on the main square in Paralia and Olimpic beach.
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances and music performed by groups.
- On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, choir ensembles,instrumental groups,orchestras as well as groups and performers from other art styles.(children,youth and adults groups)
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of dancers, managers,musicians and also you can take parents and accompany persons
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances, total program of 15 -20 minutes each with orchestra or USB. For choral groups should prepare free program about 15 minutes The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions.
- To send us short CV on english (5-6 sentences) and 5 photos of the group,
- To bring a flag of the country,
- Collectives should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
13.00.Arrivalin Paralia, hotel accommodation and free time (beach time)
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Meeting with leaders of the group
19.07. Day 2
07.00 -08.30 Breakfast,
11.00 -16.00 Boat excursion in the blue waters of Thermaikos Gulf,
BOAT program:9:00 Start from the port of Paralia.10:30 We will make a 30min. stop on the opened sea in the high of the beach of PLAKA. Here you can swim in the crystal clear water.11:00 We are taking you with the small boat to the VARIKO beach, where the captain will prepare a lunch for you around12:45 (Grilled fish, greek salad and to drink juice or wine and ouzo).The rest of the time at the Variko beach you can spend with taking a walk, swimming, collecting shells.14:00 leaving the Variko beachparalia15:00 making a stop on the opened sea with a possibility to swim.15:30 Return to the port of Paralia)),,
18.00 - 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 – 23.00 Defile and Festival evening in Olimpic beach
20.07. Day 3
07.00 -08.30 Breakfast,
11.00 -16.00 Boat excursion in the blue waters of Thermaikos Gulf, or visiting Meteora or visiting Thessaloniki
18.00 - 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 – 23.00 Festival evening on the square in Paralia or Olimpic (receiving sertificates and exchange presents on the stage)
21.07. Day 4
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast ,
11.00 – 17.00 Beach time or Visiting Meteori (very famous historical place in Greece)21.00 Free time or Greek Night -taverna with Greek live music and wine ,
09.00 – 11.00 Breakfast
11.30 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
22.07 Day 5
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Katerini or free time on the beach
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Beach party for goodbye
23.07 Day 6
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Thessalonica
Participation fee for hotel:
- 129 euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights wit 2 meals per day)
- 167 euro for 5 HB per person (5 nights wit 2 meals per day)
It covers Hotel & Apartmants accommodation with 2 meals per day such as Ifigenia, To Limani, Katerina, London, Phenix, Despina..
Festival organizers provide:
- for 25 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Welcome reception for the leaders (with drinks),
- free bus parking,
- drinks during performance,
- advertising of the festival (social media , news letters, posters and flyers)
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Paralia. Price will be 35 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link where you can find and take photos and videos from the festival..
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Thessaloniki Airport which are only 75 km from Paralia. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
In 2019 on the festival were participated 8 groups from 7 EU country with 401 participants.
NUMBER OF SEATS is limited on 400 participants or 10 -11 ensembles..
NEWS FOR THE FESTIVAL Published: 05 July 2019
"FESTIVALS IN PARALIA STARTED WITH GREAT FESTIVAL MOOD"
WOFA FESTIVAL in Paralaia,Katerini,Greece, finished with great succes..
From 01 - 05 July 2019 was held XI International music & Folk - dance festival "Paralia Festival Days",in Paralia,Greece..
On the festival participated 11 ensembles with over 400 participants from Ukraine,Moldova,Romania,Hungary,Croatia, Bulgaria,Poland..
On 01 July was held Welcome reception with leaders of the groups where director of the festival Mr Zoran Strezovski wish them welcome on the festival and explain program for the festival..
On 02 July was held beach party with all participants on famoues Aloha beach bar where all ensembles have their presentation..
On 03 July was held festival evening in Olimpic beach and second festival evening was held on 04 July in Paralia squere where director give them sertificates and presents from the festival..
During the spare time they have excursions like Pyrate boat trip, visiting Meteora, visiting Tessalonici and of course they have time to sunbathing and swimming in the hot sea and great sands beaches..
Reviews from the groups:
This festival has review of 6 groups and average estimation is EXELLENT - 9,0/10