Location: PRAGUE, Czech Republic
Director: Z.S.& WOFA
Application Deadline: 2 October, 2022
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, Brass bands, orchestras, balroomdance groups, modern dance group, Art Schools, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International music & Folk - dance festival “ PRAGUE MUSIC FESTIVAL” 04 – 07 November , Prague, Czech Republic 2022
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe in terms of its setting on both banks of the Vltava River, its townscape of burger houses and palaces punctuated by towers, and its individual buildings.
The Historic Centre represents a supreme manifestation of Medieval urbanism (the New Town of Emperor Charles IV built as the New Jerusalem). The Prague architectural works of the Gothic Period (14th and 15th centuries), of the High Baroque of the 1st half of the 18th century and of the rising modernism after the year 1900, influenced the development of Central Europe, perhaps even all European architecture. Prague represents one of the most prominent world centres of creative life in the field of urbanism and architecture across generations, human mentality and beliefs.
In the course of the 1100 years of its existence, Prague’s development can be documented in the architectural expression of many historical periods and their styles. The city is rich in outstanding monuments from all periods of its history. Of particular importance are Prague Castle, the Cathedral of St Vitus, Hradćany Square in front of the Castle, the Valdgtejn Palace on the left bank of the river, the Gothic Charles Bridge, the Romanesque Rotunda of the Holy Rood, the Gothic arcaded houses round the Old Town Square, the High Gothic Minorite Church of St James in the Stark Mĕsto, the late 19th century buildings and town plan of the Nave Mĕsto.
As early as the Middle Ages, Prague became one of the leading cultural centres of Christian Europe. The Prague University, founded in 1348, is one of the earliest in Europe. The milieu of the University in the last quarter of the 14th century and the first years of the 15th century contributed among other things to the formation of ideas of the Hussite Movement which represented in fact the first steps of the European Reformation. As a metropolis of culture, Prague is connected with prominent names in art, science and politics, such as Charles IV, Petr Parléř, Jan Hus, Johannes Kepler, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Kafka, Antonín Dvořák, Albert Einstein, Edvard Beneš (co-founder of the League of Nations) and Václav Havel..
After 14.00.Arrival in Prague, hotel accommodation,
18.00 - 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 - 22.30.00 Welcome reception with leaders of the groups in hotel
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 15.00 Facultative tour of Prague with attendance of professional local guides: (2 parts with relax on boat) walk through main avenue Wenceslas square (Vaclavske namesti) National museum, then Old town square. Departure to a famous Prague Jewish ghetto and visit to famous Synagogue with walk through most expensive street in Prague – Pariska street. Then departure to Vltava and tour of Carl’s bridge. Arriving to docks. Facultative boat tour on the river Vltava for 1 hour with audio guide Walk tour 2nd part… Prague Castle, Mala Strana, Kampa….
17.00 – 18.00 Dinner in hotel
18.30 – 21.30 Festival evening and after that closing ceremony of the festival – organizer will give certificates and presents for the group,
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 17.00 Visiting Carlovi Vari (Carl’s Vari, famous health resort, ) or Visiting Dresden (optional) or visiting Carlstein (optional) or shopping
18.00 - 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 - Free time in Prague
11.00 Departure of the participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore, Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared program, 10-12 minutes each with orchestra or CD.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is
- Hotel Accommdation in 3 nights with 2 meals per days in 4* TOP Hotel is 109 euro
- Hotel Accommdation in 3 nights with 2 meals per days at hotels like 3* Olimpik, 4* Olimpik congres 4* ,Fortuna West and similar hotels is 99 euro
- Hotel Accommdation in 3 nights with 2 meals per days at 3* hotels, A&Q,Prague Metro Strizkov, Hotel Globus, Hotel Rhea, Hotel Duo is 85 euro/person,
It covers hotel accommodation 3 nights with 2 meals (breakfast and dinner (OPEN BUFFET) - in triple and quadruple rooms
For double rooms are additional 7 euro per person per day…single room 15 euro per person per day..
Price not include facultative excursions.
Videos from the festival on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5lO_Yca9c
Festival organizers provide:
- for 25 dancers – one gratis,
- Certificate for attendance,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- drinks during the performance,
- advertising of the festival (press release,social media promotion, posters and flayers)
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Prague. Price will be from 28 from 37 Euro per day per person HB – price depends of selected hotels and it is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival. After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. Payment can be done on several parts.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 were participated 400 participants from 7 different countries..
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!!