I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Folk - Dance & Music festival “BUDVA SUMMER FESTIVAL ” 01 - 06 July, Budva, Montenegro, 2022.
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
Budva is on the central part of Montenegrin coast, called "Budvanska Rivijera". It has developed around a small peninsula, on which the old town is situated. It is by far most visited destination in Montenegro, attracting mostly domestic, Russian, Serbian and other Eastern European tourists with an old town, bars and nightclubs, and beaches mostly consisting of small rocks. It is base for mass tourism, while in its near vicinity there are luxury resorts such as Sveti Stefan and Miločer.
There are as many as 35 beaches in the Budva area, mostly rock and a little sand (8 beaches are marked with blue flags).
During the summer in particular, the day and night-life offers opportunities to enjoy theatre plays and performances, music events and entertainment programs.
Many nightclubs use go-go dancers to attract customers, and families might be offended by the open display of almost-naked girls in the street. There is mainly one street, the main promenade, where all the action happens.
The old town is adjacent to the marina, where the wealthy come to moor their luxury yachts. The old town is small but beautiful, with restaurants and boutiques selling luxury goods at high prices.
13.00.Arrival in Budva , hotel accommodation,
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. Welcome reception with leaders of the groups
02. 07 Friday
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 -13.00 Budva sightseeiing with guide than by boat to visit St Stefan peninsula ( 10 euro per person),
17.00.- 18.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 - 23.00 Parade and Festival evening
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Free time or Free time or Crusing boat trip from Budva - Tivat - Kotor (sightseeing) - Herceg Novi (sightseeing) - swimming in Blue Cave and back (15 euro per person) (optional - recomended)
17.30 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 - 00.00 Second festival evening, (presentation in the old city), exhange presents
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Free time or Crusing boat trip from Budva - Tivat - Kotor (sightseeing) - Herceg Novi (sightseeing) - swimming in Blue Cave and back (15 euro per person)(optional - recomended) or Aqua Park (10 euro per person), or Visiting Dubrovnik (peral of the sea) in Croatia by your own bus..
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00.- 23.00 Discoteque or nice evening in the restourant ( there are a lot of restourants on the sea with life music)
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast
11.00 Departure of participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast, (open buffet in hotel )
10.00 – 18.00 Beach time or Free time or Crusing boat trip from Budva - Tivat - Kotor (sightseeing) - Herceg Novi (sightseeing) - swimming in Blue Cave and back (15 euro per person)(optional - recomended) or visit Aqua park (10 euro per person) or visit Dubrovni (Croatia) by boat from Budva (14 euro per person)
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel (open buffet in hotel )
21.00. – 00.00 Free time in restourant with life music or discotheque
08.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 Departure of participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups , majorette teams, orchestras, ballroom dances,art schools,music theatres,as well as groups and performers from other art styles. . .
- Every collective has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist from 20 - 70 members including dancers, managers, musicians and family members,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV, 3 photos of the group and link of video performance,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is
- 77 Euros for 3 HB per person ( 3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 97 Euros for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
- 122 Euros for 5 HB per person (5 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
- additional lunch is 6,5 euro ,
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day - buffet ,leaders and drivers will be in 2/2, and others in 3 or 4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms……hotel accommodation in 3*hotel like Hotel Palma , Hotel Sea Star, hotel MENA, Hotel 219 situated in center of the city..additional double room is 5 euro per person per day..
How was in Budva,Montenegro last years you can see video on this link:
Festival organizers provide:
- for 23 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- advertising of the festival (news letters, social medium promotion, posters and flayers).
Montenegro Tourist tax (1.50 euro per person per day) you should pay additional after accommodation in hotel.
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the groupOn your request, You can continue your stay in Budva. Price will be 29 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
The Festival organization can organize the following excursions:
- Aquapark Budva, full day adventure for all those who love to have fun in the water at the sunny coast of southern Adriatic
- Boat trip – visiting the most famous beaches on the Riviera and the Blue Cave
- Sightseeing of old town Budva and Tivat with guide
- Guided Tour to Dubrovnik
- Kotor, a town of merchants and famous sailors. Medieval architecture and numerous monuments of cultural heritage have included Kotor on UNESCO's list of "World Natural and Cultural Heritage"
- National parks: Durmitor, Biogradska Gora , Prokletije - Lovćen , Lake Skadar
Detailed Excursions list will be given to you 1 month before the festival/
After the festival finish organizers will send you link from festival from where you can take videos and photos from the festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport or Podgorica airport, or Dubrovnik airport (Croatia) during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
In 2019 we have 450 particiapnts from 9 EU countries and 12 ensembles
Number of seats is limited on 400 or 10-12 grous!!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 06.07.2019
FESTIVAL EMOTIONS IN BUDVA DURING THE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC & FOLK - DANCE FESTIVAL "STARI GRAD – BUDVA SUMMER FESTIVAL"
The VIII International Music & Folk - Dance festival "STARI GRAD - BUDVA SUMMER FESTIVAL" was held in the period July 2 - 6, 2019 in Budva.
14 groups from Poland, Hungary, Ukraine, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia and Bosnia and Herzegovina with more than 500 performers took part in the folklore festival.
Director of the festival, Mr Zoran Strezovski welcomed the participants in a reception. He wished them successful and honorable presentation of folklore heritage of their nations.
On July 3rd, International Music & Folk - Dance festival "STARI GRAD" was officially opened and on July 4th the festival continued with concert of the groups. They were awarded with certificates for participation and gifts, provided by the organizers. During their stay in Budva, groups had the chance to visit the most popular historical and cultural monuments in the Old town, to visit the Kotor bay with a boat, to enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches and warm Adriatic sea. Some of them visited Dubrovnik in Croatia.
"All the groups were pleased and they left the festival with the hope to come back the next year", added Mr Strezovski.More photos from the festival on the link:
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 08.07.2018
11 ENSEMBLES FROM 9 COUNTRIES DANCED AT THE SUMMER FESTIVAL IN BUDVA
X International music and folklore festival "Budva Summer Festival" was held in the period 3 - 7 of July, 2018. The festival - mix of traditional and modern dances in the Montenegrin town hosted 11 ensembles with more than 500 participants from Bulgaria, Hungary, Turkey, Slovakia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Poland, Russia and Romania. Artistic directors of the groups were welcomed upon their arrival and the participants were greeted by the director of the festival Zoran Strezovski during the opening of the festival in Budva.After performances in the second festival evening, the groups received Diplomas for participation and gifts by the organizers. Festival ended with amazing party of all the participants.
Reviews from the groups:
This festival has review of 12 groups and average estimation is VERY GOOD - 8,4/10