Location: OHRID, Macedonia
Director: Z.S. & WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 July, 2022
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk, dance group, choir, vocal, majorrette teams, brass bands, orchestras) (children,yoth and adults) to participate on VIII International Music & Folk - Dance Festival “OHRID SUN” 23- 27 October , Ohrid 2022
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and regions, and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together and create friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Ohrid in this period is the best tourist resort in Macedonia. It is the famous tourist place in the region with a lot of hotels, apartments, a lot of traditional restaurants and café, shops, entertainment. Ohrid is UNESCO haritige .
Ohrid lake coast is 35km with beautifully sands beach, tourist attractions and entertainment. Temperature of the water in the lake is 25C degree and it is suitable for swimming, diving, yachting …..
Festival program will be held on the main square in Ohrid.
General rules :
- Every group has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- On the festival may participate children’s, youth and adults folklore groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, majorette teams, instrumental groups. Age of the participants are not limited.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensembles should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. For the Vocal groups 15 – 20 minutes free program. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions.
- To send short CV and 2 – 3 photos from the group by mail,
- To bring a flag of the country,
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
13.00 Arrival in Ohrid after 13.00 and hotel accommodation, free activities (swimming in Ohrid Lake)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 -13.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (St. Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes ..)
14.00-15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.30 – 19.30 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Ensembles parade (old town)
20.30. Official opening of the festival
- Welcome speech and firework
- Open air performance (festival evening)
- Dancing together
11.00 – 16.00 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, Visiting Museum on water and visit most famous tourist resort St.Naum - culture place, and swimming in one of the best sands beach located on the Ohrid coast,– (price 8 euros per person, launch packet, dancing boat),
18.30 – 19.30 Dinner in hotel
20.00 Macedonian evening party (optional)
- 57 Euro for 3 HB per person ( 3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 62 Euro for 3 FB per person ( 3 nights with 3 meals per day)
- 77 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day).
- 83 Euro for 4 FB per person (4 nights with 3 meals per day.)
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 or 3 meals per day in hotels are located on the coast of Ohrid Lake or in the center of the city in 2 double (driver and leader),other in triple and quadriple bedrooms with own toilet..
Hotel Vila Fortuna ( in the center of the city)
Festival organizers provide:
- for 21 dancers – one gratis,
- certificates for attendance on the festival,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Disco party with drink
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- drinks during the performance,
- Free parking
- advertising of the festival (press release, social media promotion, posters, flayers).
NOTE: Tourist tax and insurance is 1 euro per day per person and it is paid additional..
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 23 Euro per day per person FB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide. For additional days we will prepare special program for you. If you wish, we will include festival evening in other city
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to the airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary. You can arrive at airport in Ohrid and we will arrange transfer to the hotel free of charge.
All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2016 on this festival participated over 332 participants from 9 countries from Europe.
In 2017 on this festival participated over 334 participants from 10 countries from Europe.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 23 October 2019
PARTICIPANTS FROM 4 COUNTRIES DANCED TOGETHER IN A FESTIVAL IN OHRID
In the period October 19-22 in Ohrid, the International Festival “OHRID SUN” was held. The festival was attended by groups from Ukraine, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Turkey, said the director of the festival Zoran Strezovski.Artistic directors of the groups attended a Welcome reception with the organizers. Festival evening was held on 20th of October on the main square of Ohrid.
“During other days they visited culture heritage of Ohrid, they hadboat trip to St.Naum and enjoyed the beautiful sunny and warm days in Ohrid in many restourants.”, said in addition the director of the festival.