XI International Music ,Art Fine & Folk - Dance Festival “ PARALIA SUMMER FESTIVAL”,
Location: Paralia, Katerini, Greece
Director: Z.S. & WOFA
Application Deadline: 31 March, 2023
With pleasure we INVITE (folk ensembles,choral groups,art schools, majorette teams, orchestras,Ballroom dance groups) (children, youth and adult groups ) to participate on XI International Music, ART Fine & Folk - Dance festival “PARALIA SUMMER FESTIVAL” 28 June -02 July , Paralia, 2023
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.The idea of the Festival is to bring the music closer to the people and to present the music on the streets and the squares. The festival is open for folk and choir ensembles, as well as orchestras and majorettes regardless of the members gender and age.
Paralia is famous holiday place on the Aegean coast of Greece with many sends beach .Festival program will be held on the main square in Paralia and Olimpic beach.
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances and music performed by groups.
- On the festival may participate children and youth folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 70 members including dancers, managers,musicians and family members)
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances, total program of 15 -20 minutes each with orchestra or USB. For choral groups should prepare free program about 15 minutes The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions.
- To send us short CV and photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
28.06 Day 1
13.00.Arrivalin Paralia, hotel accommodation and free time (beach time)
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Welcome meeting with leaders of the group
29.06. Day 2
07.00 -08.30 Breakfast,
11.00 -16.00 Boat excursion in the blue waters of Thermaikos Gulf,
BOAT program: 9:00 Start from the port of Paralia.10:30 We will make a 30min. stop on the opened sea in the high of the beach of PLAKA. Here you can swim in the crystal clear water. 11:00 We are taking you with the small boat to the VARIKO beach, where the captain will prepare a lunch for you around 12:45 (Grilled fish, greek salad and to drink juice or wine and ouzo).The rest of the time at the Variko beach you can spend with taking a walk, swimming, collecting shells. 14:00 leaving the Variko beachparalia 15:00 making a stop on the opened sea with a possibility to swim. 15:30 Return to the port of Paralia)),,
19.00 - 21.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 – 23.00 Festival evening on the square in Paralia
30.06 Day 3/
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 17.00 Beach time or visiting Thessalonica or Katerini (optional)
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 – 23.00 Second festival evening on the square of Olympic beach
01.07. Day 4
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast ,
11.00 – 17.00 Beach time or Visiting Meteori (very famous historical place in Greece)21.00 Party for goodbuy in Aloha beach
09.00 – 11.00 Breakfast
11.30 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
28.06 Day 6
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Katerini or free time on the beach
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Greek nights insome restourant (optional)
29.06. Day 7
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Thessalonica
Participation fee is:
- 92 euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights wit 2 meals per day)
- 121 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day).
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day in 1/2 (leaders) and 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet),
Hotels are: Yakhintos, Kronos,Xenia Zeus, Ifigenia, Despina..
Some moments of the festivalS in Paralia you can see on folowing link:
Festival organizers provide:
- for 25 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Welcome reception for the leaders (with drinks),
- free parking,
- advertising of the festival (press release, social mediums, flyers, posters)
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Paralia. Price will be 32 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you LINK from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Thessaloniki Airport which are only 75 km from Paralia. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2017 on the festival were participated 11 groups from 9 EU country with 424 participants.
In 2018 on the festival were participated 13 groups from 11 EU country with 433 participants.
n 2019 on the festival were participated 14 groups from 10 EU country with 496 participants.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LMITED ON 400 PARTICIPANTS OR 10-12 GROUPS..