Location: Ohrid, Macedonia
Director: Z.S.& WOFA
Application Deadline: 2 October, 2022
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XII International Easter Music festival “OHRID ART FEST” 11-14 Маy 2023, Ohrid,Macedonia
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Ancient ruins, beautiful amphitheatre, 3 citadel walls, St.Sofia Cathedral, St.Jovan Kaneo church, an important pilgrimage place. Breathtaking setting on a plateau over Ohrid Lake and Galicica mountain towering from behind. St.Naum monaster (one of the most beautiful monasteries in Macedonia) was founded in the 910 by St.Naum, but the present-day church was built in the 16th c. Of the original church just the side chapel with the grave of St.Naum still stands), gallery of exclusive icons, museums, workshops for hand-made paper, woodcarving and famous Ohrid pearls, are among hundreds sites for tourists worth to visit. There is also a strong Roman connection to the city, since Lychnidos was along the famous route Via Egnatia, build in the 2nd century B.C., connecting the Adriatic and Aegean sea. Considering the number of churches located in the Old town (365 churches according to the immemorial legend, for local people to celebrate every single day by honouring another saint), Ohrid is called “the Balkan Jerusalem”, successfully playing the role as the biggest pilgrimage spot for all the Orthodox Christians in the world.
Today Ohrid is a cultural, spiritual and tourist centre. And finally, as the crowning glory of its values, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid have been named a world cultural and natural heritage listed city under the protection of UNESCO since 1980.
Feel Ohrid for once in your life and you already know why you will return. For more information visit www.ohridinfo.mk
13.00.Arrivalin Ohrid, , hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast,
11.00 -14.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (St.Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes …)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00. Ensembles parade (old town)
18.30. Official opening of the festival
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 14.30 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St. Naum monastery, culture place, –(price 9 euros per person, lunch package),
16.00 – 18.00. Shopping in the city
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
01.00.- 00.00 Social events, exchange presents, disco party
11.00 Departure of the participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 4 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is:
IN 4* Hotel like Mizo, Hotel Prestige, Hotel Aqualina…
- 90 Euro per person for 3 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
- 120 Euro per person for 4 half-boards (2 meals per day) in 4* hotel
Festival organizers provide:
- for 20 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- free bus parking
- advertising of the festival (press release, social media promotions, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 20 Euro per day per person HB and 24 for FB– price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
Organizers keep the right to change program of the festival. After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Ohrid airport, during the festival days and back to the same Ohrid airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary. Also, you can arrive in Ohrid airport and we will organize transport to hotel free of charge.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2014 on this Festival participated over 330 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 7 countries of Europe.