Location: Ayvalık, Turkey
Application Deadline: 15 March, 2021
Ayvalik - is a seaside town on the northwestern Aegean coast of Turkey. It is a district of Balıkesir Province. The town center of Ayvalık is surrounded by the archipelago of Ayvalık Islands, which face the nearby Greek island of Lesbos.
It was alternatively called Kydonies (Κυδωνίες) by the town's former Greek population; although the use of the name Ayvalık was widespread for centuries among both the Turks and the Greeks, pronounced as Ayvali (Αϊβαλί) by the latter.
Last year participated about 800 participants from Bulgaria, Indonesia, India, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Turkey
Conditions for participation:
- The groups are requested to arrive in Ayvalık on 23 June 2021 - 12:00 and depart on 27 June 2021 - 12:00, after breakfast.
- Participants age is not limited.
- Number of participants is not limited.
- We prefer dance groups with live music but recorded music also acceptable.
- The groups should prepare 5-10 minutes programs. All groups have to prepare minimum 2 different performances.
- Each group should bring flag of their country,
- Each participant will receive an attendance certificate.
- Pocket money will not be paid to the groups by Festival Committee
- After completing an application form, please, send by email minimum 6 digital pictures and a short description of your group and videos or links and descriptions of your performances.
- We request a book showing your country's Folk Dance clothes and a local big doll model of your country symbol.
- 150 Euro per person for 4 nights / 5 days
- 185 Euro per person for 5 nights / 6 days
Participation fee includes:
- Organizational expenses
- Accommodation in a Hotel for 4 nights or 5 nights with 2 meals per day. Open buffet breakfast and dinner. Free non alcohol drink.
- On every 25 participants one member is free of charge (24+1)
For double rooms there is a supplement of 5 € per person per day, for single room 15 € per person per day.
Any group willing to participate must submit an Application form.
Approved groups pay in advance a 10% guarantee fee, which is to be deducted at the final payment.
As a next payment: The group pays in advance 1000 € (which is not reimbursable in case of declination of participation).
The rest of the amount is to be paid 15 days before the festival or at the group’s arrival to the hotel, according to the agreement
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!!