Location: Ohrid, Macedonia
Application Deadline: 15 March, 2021
With pleasure we INVITE you to participate on International Festival “LIHNIDOS - CITY OF LIGHT ” which will be held from 18 – 21 November 2021
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and regions, and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
Festivals will be held on wonderful coast on Ohrid Lake, Ohrid city protected by UNESCO. More information on web site for Ohrid www.ohridinfo.mk .
Festival program will be held on the main square in Ohrid.
- 13.00. Arrival in Ohrid after 13.00,hotel accommodation and free activities
- 14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
- 19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
- 21.00 Welcome reception
- 09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
- 10.30 -14.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church …)
- 14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
- 19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
- 20.00. Ensembles parade (old town)
- 21.00. Official opening of the festival and festival evening
- 09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
- 11.00 – 16.00 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St.Naum-culture place, (price 7 euros per person) (lunch packet by hotel),
- 17.00 – 20.00 Shopping, visiting stara carsija,Cinar,Biljanini springs,
- 20.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel,
- 21.00 – 23.30 Gala event, exchange presents, disco party
- 09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
- 11.00.Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days
- 09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast,
- 10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Struga city (house of Miladinovci brothers, river Crni Drim, Kalista church...),
- 14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel and free activities
- 20.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
- 21.00 Disco party
- 08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
- 09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Skopje city with guides (visiting monuments of Aleksandar of Macedon, museum, Macedonian GATE, Stone Bridge…)
- 14.00 Departure from Skopje city
Participating conditions are:
- The number of participants are not limited,
- Each group should consist of most 35-40 members including dancers, managers and musicians
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD, choir groups to prepare 10 – 15 minutes free program,
- To send short CV and photos of the group,
- To bring a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
- Participation fee is
- 56 euro per person for 3 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
- 60 euro per person for 3 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board).
- It covers hotel accommodation with 3 meals per day in 3*** hotels which are located on the coast of Ohrid Lake, in 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms, organizational expenses… Visit : www.hoteldesaret.com.mk, galebiplaza.com.mk, hotelkocarev.com.mk,montenegrininn.com and other..
Festival organizers provide:
- for 20 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and presents for the groups,
- certificates for attendance on the festival,
- Welcome reception
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- Photos from the festival
- advertising of the festival (press conference, e-flayers….).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 21 Euro per day per person FB – price is special for the participants in festivals.
All information about invoice will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
NUMBER of SEATS is limited!!
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 20 November 2017
THE FESTIVAL "LIHNIDOS - CITY OF LIGHT" GATHERED PARTICIPANTS TOGETHER FOR THE SEVENTH TIME
The VII International Musical Festival "Lihnidos - city of light" was held in the period November 16 - 19, 2017 in Ohrid. Choirs and folklore ensembles from Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Slovakia took part in the event, said the director of the festival - Zoran Strezovski.Festival evening was held on 16th of November in the Cultural center "G. Prlitsev" in Ohrid. After the participants' performances, the director of the festival gave them certificates for participation. In the end of the festival evening, the groups enjoyed a common cocktail party.
The rest of the days, participants had the opportunity to explore the Ohrid beauties, to have a cruise to Sv. Naum monastery as well as to taste the Macedonian cuisine during the Macedonian party.
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 21.11.2016
PARTICIPANTS FROM 4 COUNTRIES TOOK PART AT THE FESTIVAL “LIHNIDOS – CITY OF LIGHT”
From 17th till 20th of November was held the IV International Festival “Lihnidos – city of light”.The festival was attended by 250 participants from Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey and Macedonia. Festival evening took place at the “Kliment Ohridski” main square on 19th of November. At the end of the evening all the groups danced together on the square.”, said Mr. Zoran Strezovski, who gave Certificates for participation and gifts to the participants on the final party.
“Besides the program of the festival the groups had the opportunity to visit a lot of cultural monuments in Ohrid such as Antique Theater, Samuil’s Fortress, Sveta Sofia Church, Kliment church and St. Joan Caneo Church. They visited St. Naum island and had a boat trip at Ohrid lake.” added Mr. Strezovski.