Location: PARALIA,KATERINI, Greece
Director: WOFA and Ksenia Ulitovskaya
Application Deadline: 1 March, 2020
A cradle of the antique civilization, modern Greece is one of the most popular world countries. Blessing nature, history and culture of this region, exciting the imagination invariably attract lovers of antiquity, satiated Europeans who search for adventures and tourists from all over the world, who want an unforgettable vacation on the shores of the azure sea. This very country is a place of an invisible border between Europe and Asia, as well as a starting point of such concepts as culture, democracy and aesthetic values. History is everywhere here, and a legend is hidden under every stone; that is what attracts tourists from all over the world.
We are hospitably welcomed by the resort region of Paralia, Katerini located at the foot of the legendary Mount Olympus, which is incredibly rich in natural and historical sites; it has a large number of places related to conservation areas. Quiet corners of the resort are places where unique species of animals and birds habitate - original wild life has been protected thanks to the efforts of local residents. There are a lot of fish in the coastal areas of the Aegean Sea. For those who come to the coast for the first time, it immediately becomes clear why this territory is also called the "fish city".
You will see all this and enjoy in full within the frameworks of our International Multigenre Festival-competition: “BEST FEST WORLD in Greece” 2020
The International multigenre Festival-competition "BEST FEST World in Greece” is one of the largest and most vibrant cultural events in Europe. This festival takes you at the picturesque coast of Greece, Katerini, Paralia. Hundreds of participants from all over the world with their authenticity, originality of performance and talent will delight us with their culture and skills.
The Festival-Competition "BEST FEST World in Greece" is held in order to popularize the art of culture and familiarize the European public with the creativity and performing skills of participants from around the world.
The purpose of this competition is to develop creative ties between groups and exchange experiences, popularize different cultures and styles aimed at identifying and supporting creatively gifted children, talented youth and adults, demonstrating skills and increasing the level of performing skills, developing and strengthening international relations, exchanging cultural traditions and spiritual values.
Tasks of the festival-competition:
- Creation of a platform for the professional communication of participants of the festival-competition, exchange of experience and repertoire;
- Joint performances of professional and amateur groups from around the world;
- Creation of the atmosphere of communication between festival participants and listeners to generate subsequent contacts in the sphere of art and culture;
- Discovery of new names and talents;
- Attraction of music producers and managers to arrange the subsequent touring and concert activities of festival participants.
Participants of the festival-competition:
We are glad to invite you: folklore groups, choirs, contemporary dance groups, orchestras and major ensembles, soloists, duets, ensembles, professional and amateur groups, performers of the author’s songs, performers of vocal and choreographic compositions, acapella performers, performers in the original genre, all the ensembles of the world, which accept participation terms and conditions. Within the frameworks of this festival-competition, we provide an opportunity for both experienced competitive groups and teams with limited experience in performing to compete under equally fair competitive conditions in different nominations. Groups that do not want to participate in the competition have an opportunity to perform during festival events out of the competition, take part in friendly concerts, consultations and rehearsals, as well as attend various master classes.
A competitive program of participants’ performances is approved by the organizing committee of the festival on the basis of applications received. The order of performances in the competitive program is determined in advance by the organizing committee and depends on the age of participants. Participants prepare and perform a festival-competition program with a total duration of no more than 7 minutes for soloists, duets and small forms, and no more than 15 minutes for ensembles and groups.
- Children from 6 to 9 years;
- Teens from 10 to 12 years;
- Young fellows from 13 to 16 years;
- Youth from 17 to 21 years;
- Adults from 21 and elder;
- Seniors from 50 and elder;
- Mixed age category.
The jury evaluates performances of participants in each nomination and each age category using a 10-point system. Festival results are summed up at the end of all competitive performances.
- Participants submit to the competition two diverse performances with a total duration of up to 15 minutes;
- An opportunity to perform with music underneath or acapella;
- Performances must comply with generally accepted norms of the stage culture;
- Participants bring musical instruments with them and bear all expenditures associated with their transportation.
The Organizing committee of the festival-competition determines the composition of the international jury. The jury evaluates participants of the festival-contest by closed vote on a point system. The jury consists of professional foreign, international experts.
The evaluation will be carried out according to the following criteria:
1. Technical performance: professionalism of participants, rhythmic, phrasing, tuning, ensemble, quality of performance.
2. Artistic performance: tempo, agogics, dynamics, interpretation, emotionality, expressiveness, stylistic correctness, quality of sounding of the choir (ensemble), stage image.
3. Program presentation: selection of a repertoire, complexity of performance, general impression of the group, appearance (costumes).
Jury decisions are undisputable.
Prizes and awards of the festival:
All participants of the competition are awarded with diplomas.
The following titles are assigned to the competition participants:
- Grand Prix holder
- First degree laureate
- Second degree laureate
- Third degree laureate
- Diploma winner
- Competition participant
Competition participants are awarded with the relevant certificates that confirm the obtained degree. All participants of the competition are awarded with diplomas and certificates. Leaders and sponsors of the participants are awarded with official letters of gratitude from the festival Organizing committee. Sponsors are entitled to establish their prizes and award prizes irrespectively of the awarding by the jury.
Grand Prix holders are determined according to the competition results (in all nominations). There is a “point” grading system. It means that, regardless of the number of participants in any category, each of them will be evaluated by the jury only on the quality of their performances, not comparing some participants with others. In the absence of worthy challengers for the Grand Prix and winning places, awards are not awarded. Since the evaluation system is of a “point” type, duplication of winning places according to the results of points scored in the competition day is allowed. The decision of the jury is final and not subject to appeal.
13:00 - Arrival to Paralia, hotel check-in and free time (beach).
18:00 – 19:00 - Dinner in the hotel.
21:00 - Welcome reception for the group leaders.
08:00 – 09:00 - Breakfast.
09:00 – 16:00 - Boat tour to Termaykos Bay (for an additional fee, the tour includes lunch and drinks on the boat).
The program of the tour: 09:00 - Departure from Paralia. 10:30 - A 30-minute stop on the open sea at Plaka beach. An opportunity for swimming in crystal clear water. 11:00 - Departure to Variko beach on a small boat, where the captain will cook lunch for all of you. 12:45 - Grilled fish, Greek salad and drinks (juice, wine or ouzo). The rest of the time on Variko beach can be used for walking and beach relax. 14:00 - Departure to Paralia. 15:00 - Stay on the open sea and an opportunity to swim. 15:30 - Return to Paralia harbor.
18:00 – 19:00 - Dinner in the hotel.
19:30 – 23:00 – Parade of all the participants. The first competition evening on the square in Paralia.
08:00 – 10:00 - Breakfast.
11:00 – 17:00 - Beach or visiting Mount Olympus, the historical area of Litochoro with stunning views of the Greek riviera and a number of beautiful historical monasteries. (At extra cost).
18:00 – 19:00 - Dinner in the hotel.
19:30 – 23:00 - The second competition evening on the square in Olympic beach. Joint photos of groups, summing up the results, rewarding of winners and participants, closing of the festival.
09:00 – 10:00 - Breakfast.
11:00 – 17:00 - Beach or visiting Meteora. It is a geological phenomenon and historical heritage of the mankind. There is a complex of “lofty monasteries”. These monasteries represent a unique architectural achievement and are one of the most amazing sites in Greece as well as in the world. (At extra cost).
19:00 – 21:00 - Dinner.
21:00 Greek evening in a Greek tavern restaurant with live music and wine (optional, at extra cost).
08:00 – 11:00 - Breakfast.
11:30 - Participants leave.
IF DESIRED – If you stay for more days…
08:00 - 10:00 - Breakfast.
10:30 - 14:00 - Visiting Katerini or free time on the beach.
19:00 - 20:00 - Dinner in the hotel.
21.00 - 00.00 - Farewell party on the beach
08:00 - 10:00 - Breakfast.
09.00 - 14.00 - Departure to Thessaloniki.
*The program could be modified.
*All excursions are provided if desired and at extra cost.
*You may request special, very favorable prices for excursions for the festival participants from the Organizing committee.
* All excursions shall be booked in 14 days before the beginning of the festival.
*The Organizing committee does not guarantee excursions that are booked after the mentioned deadline or during the festival.
* Business and official meetings in areas and topics of interest with representatives of local authorities, business, culture, science, education, etc. can be arranged upon request.
- Thessaloniki (excursion, shopping tour, aquapark)
- Paradise island Skiathos
- Fur-coat tour
- 125 Euro per person (4 nights/ 5 days with meals 2 times a day) when settling 3-4 persons in the room
- 140 Euro per person (4 nights/ 5 days with meals 2 times a day) when settling 2 persons in the room
Drivers and leaders are accommodated in 2-bed rooms
Participation fee includes:
- accommodation in Apartments or a hotel of the chosen category in 2-, 3-, or 4-bed rooms and bath (5 days/4 nights)
- 2 meals per day (buffet)
- participation in the festival-competition
- international professional Jury
- certificate for every participant
- drinks during the festival-competition
- every 21st participant - free
- prizes, awards, diplomas according to the competition results
- free parking for the group transport
- official invitation
- welcome reception with drinks for the leaders
- photos, videos of the festival
- tourist fee
- accompanying and coordination during the festival
- professional technical support
- festival advertising (press conference, radio and television messages, posters, social networks).
Participation fee does not include:
- Health Insurance
- Transportation expenses
- Transfer: Thessaloniki (airport) - hotel - Thessaloniki (airport) is not included to the package price. In the case of request the Organising committee can to book transfer at extra cost. The fee is separately negotiated for separately arriving participants.
If you wish, you can extend your stay in Paralia, Katerinis at a price of EUR 25 and 29 per person per day based on HB - this is a special price that we provide for participants of the festival.
- Concerts will be held in the evening, so you can allocate daytime for excursions.
- Send us a short history of the group and 2-3 photos.
- You need to have a flag of your country.
- Gifts as souvenirs for exchange with participants from other countries (if desired)
By submitting an application for participation, you agree to the terms and conditions of the festival.
Detailed information will be provided to you after your confirmation of participation.
A number of participants is limited! Greece is an amazing country created for travel, recreation and of course festivals! Not only Brazil, but also Greece is a country of carnivals.
We are happy to host you in one of the significant cultural events of this country!
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED.