I N V I T A T I O N
“SVETI STEFAN ” choir festival and competition is very famous festival in region…... Organizers of the festival are: World Festival Association, T.O Budva and Tree Cane .
With pleasure we INVITE you ( Children's, Youth & Adults Choral Groups) to participate on II International Choir festival and competition “ST STEFAN” which will be held from 18 – 22 June 2020.
Budva It is situated on the central part of Montenegrin coast, called "Budvanska Rivijera". It has developed around a small peninsula, on which the old town is situated. It is by far most visited destination in Montenegro, attracting many tourists like Russian, Serbian, Hungarian, France, Italy and other European tourists with an old town, bars and nightclubs, and beaches mostly consisting of small rocks. It is base for mass tourism, while in its near vicinity there are luxury resorts such as Sveti Stefan and Miločer.
There are as many as 35 beaches in the Budva area, sands beaches (8 beaches are marked with blue flags).
During the summer in particular, the day and night-life offers opportunities to enjoy theatre plays and performances, music events and entertainment programs.
The old town is adjacent to the marina, where the wealthy come to moor their luxury yachts. The old town is beautiful, with restaurants and boutiques selling luxury goods at high prices..
Sveti Stefan', one of the most exclusive summer resorts on the Mediterranean, is a result of a modern refurbishment of the stone houses on the island, built more than five centuries ago for the population of the nearby villages to find a place of shelter from the attacks of pirates and the Turks. According to oral tradition, the Pastrovici tribe used the spoils taken from Turkish galleons to fortify the island in 1442, building 12 houses, one each for every family in the Pastovici. For nearly 300 years, it was a trade and transport centre for the Pastrovici and the seat of the Bankada – the tribal court of the Pastrovici. The village was named after the church located on the highest point of the island, dedicated to the Saint Archdeacon Stefan. The island is also home to the churches of the Resurrection and St Alexander Nevsky.Sveti Stefan had remained a fishing village for several centuries, until its depopulation began in 1950 in order to build a series of luxury suites and rooms in the old stone houses. The new hotel-town was opened on 13 July 1960 and it has since been a holiday destination for celebrities from all over the world – including Sofia Loren and Carlo Ponti, Alberto Moravia, André Malraux, Richard Widmark, Kirk Douglas, Klaus Kinski, Monica Vitti, Sylvester Stallone, Yuri Gagarin, Boris Spassky, Bobby Fisher... and members of royalty, numerous politicians and wealthy Arab Sheiks.
More information on: http://www.budva.travel/
- Every choir and singing formation and orchestra has the right to participate. Children's choirs (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth choirs (2/3 of the participants must be 27 or younger), adult choirs (1/3 of the participants must be older than 27),
- In order to apply, application form must be sent, including a photograph of the choir and the conductor as well as a recent audio recording. (link of the event) The requested materials can be sent by email, recording audio can be put on your web site or send by post.
- Festival has two parts – competitive and not competitive .
- Choirs can choose competition or only festival PARTICIPATION ( no contest program). Concert programs of choirs chosen to participate in the competition will be judged by a jury and will determine the grand prize winner of the festival: statue "ST STEFAN". If there are more than three Choir in each category / uniform, mixed, children / jury will select the winner in each category. It must be more than 5 choral groups for competition part.
- The choirs participate in self- competition program .
FESTIVAL has 3 sections:
- Section one – performances - Open air, ( is required to perform a 15-20 minute program of their choice at several outdoor public locations)
- Section two – Pop music (program must contain choral arrangements of pop songs. The program should last 8-12 minutes. .
- Section three – Folk music (the program must contain choral arrangements of folk songs or motives. The program should last 8-12 minutes.
All choirs are required to perform in at least two sections.
By applying to the Festival the choir agrees to respect and to regulate the legal rights of the authors of the works it performs and agrees to give right to the Festival to use any material recorded during the Festival.
Festival program will be held on the outdoor public location - historical places in Budva and Tree canne hall..
12.00 – 14.00 Arriving in Budva , hotel accommodation,
free activities (swimming in the sea),
18.30 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel,
21.00 Welcome reception with leaders and conducturs
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 -14.00 Budva sightseeing and boat trip to St Stefan peninsula.(9 euro)
19.30 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall ,
- singing together
- open air singing in old city (acapella)
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 - 14.00 Competition part - Tree Cane (international jury)
20.00 - 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Singing in the church
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 18.00 Visiting Kotor, Herceg Novi, or Visiting Dubrovnik, Croatia (optional) or visiting Sv.Stefan by boat (optional) or visit Aqua park or Beach time,or Boka kotorska baley
19.00 – 21.00 Diner in hotel
21.00 – 00.00 Closing the festival, certificate for attendance, awards for the winners, exchange presents,
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
12.00 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Visiting Kotor, Herceg Novi, or Visiting Dubrovnik, Croatia (optional) or visiting Sv.Stefan by boat (optional) or visit Aqua park or Boka kotorska baley by boat
20.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Nice evening in restouran
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Free activities (sunbathing and swimming in the sea, walking in the city square… )
20.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel hotel and free activities,
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
Participating conditions are:
- The number of participants are limited,
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including singers, managers and musicians
- On competition part must be more of 5 choral groups,
- Age of the participants are not limited (see sections),
- Choral and vocal groups should have prepared at least 2 performance for two sections, 8-14 minutes each with or without instruments,
- To send short CV and photos of the choirs by mail,
- To bring a flag of the country,
- Choir groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Accommodation for the groups:
-75 Euros per person, 3 HB ( 2 meals per day)
- 96 Euros per person, 4HFB ( 2 meals per day)
Hotel accommodation in 3*** hotel Hotel like Hotel Loza or Hotel Palma or others hotels . Leaders and drivers in 2/2 rooms and other in multibad rooms.
On your request we can arrange 4* hotel and we will inform you how much it will cost.
Montenegro Tourist tax (1.00 euro per person per day) you should pay additional after accommodation in hotel.
Festival organizers provide:
- for 22 participants – one gratis
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- certificate for attendance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- Welcome cocktail,
- drinks during the performance,
- advertising of the festival (press relesse, social media promotion, posters and flayers).
- statue "SVETI STEFAN"
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Budva. For additional days we will arrange special program.In 3*** hotel HB will be special discount price of 25 euro per day.
Organizers keep the right to change program of the festival. After Groups arrived in festival office, will be given detailed program of the festival .
Transportation: The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. Y
Confirmation : Choirs wishing to participate in the festival , complete an application Form for participation. On 15 March we will announce which quire will be accepted...
Any group should confirm by Application form and after confirmation it should paid a vans of 300 euros on account of organizers. The rest of money should be paid after the group arrived in hotel in Budva.
. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation the participation.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED..