Location: Ohrid, Macedonia
Application Deadline: 15 April, 2020
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, Ballroom dance teams, art schools, Music theatre, modern dance teams, orchestras and majorette teams), (children and youth groups) to participate on XI INTERNATIONAL MUSIC & FOLK DANCE FESTIVAL “WINTER FARY TALE” from 20 - 23 February 2020
Ohrid is Macedonia’s most seductive destination, with an atmospheric old quarter cascading down a graceful hill, crammed full of beautiful churches and topped by the bones of a medieval castle. Its cobbled streets are flanked by traditional restaurants and lakeside cafes, but it’s not a complete tourist circus just yet and still has a lived-in feel – particularly in the upper reaches of the Old Town. Best of all is that you can be skipping through historic monuments one minute and lying on a deck chair with your toes in the water the next – its location right on the edge of serene Lake Ohrid is hard to beat, and a lovely little town beach and boardwalk help make the most of its natural charms.
In a country without a coastline, Lake Ohrid represents a monumentally seductive attraction. Mirror-like and dazzling on sunny days, it’s a truly beautiful place – especially in and around the ancient town of Ohrid, with its cobbled streets, distinctive architecture, city beach and lake-front bars. To the east of Ohrid lies Galičica National Park with mountain villages and Magaro Peak, which can be summited. To the south, a long, wooded coast conceals pebble beaches, churches and camping spots. In summer the big, resort-style hotels and beaches can be unpleasantly crowded but there are better spots beyond them. At 300m deep, 34km long and three million years old, shared by Macedonia (two-thirds) and Albania (one-third), Lake Ohrid is among Europe’s deepest and oldest. The Macedonian portion is inscribed on the Unesco World Heritage list for its cultural heritage and unique nature – it’s considered the most biodiverse lake of its size in the world.
Purpose of the festival:The main goal of this festival is to offer its participants the possibility for them to present the culture and the tradition of their country and to provide an opportunity for the members of the groups to meat different nationalities, establish friendships and express their cultural diversity through dance and music.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Groups from all over the world can take part in this festival.
- Folk dance groups, modern dance groups, choirs, but also majorette teams and brass bands and orchestras are welcome to apply.
- The number of participants and followers is not limited.
- There is no age limit (beside youth and children participants, older or veterans also may participate)
- It is necessary to prepare minimum one program with the duration of 12 – 15 minutes per program.
- Each group should bring the national flag of the country that they represent.
- It is also necessary to visibly display panel on which the name of your group and the name of your country is inscribed.
- It is recommended that groups should bring about 12 – 15 small gifts for exchange.
- Participants can perform with orchestras (recommended) or with recorded music (on CD or USB).
- In order to participate in this festival, every group needs to fill in an application form. When applying, if possible, please provide some photos, videos or brief history of the group. These materials will be used for promotional and advertising purposes (in advertisements, fliers and posters).
- After receiving the application form and completion of advance payment, the organizer will send an official letter of invitation for participation at the Festival
Festival Organizer provides:
- Accommodation in hotels and apartments, and meals according to the price selected 2 double rooms per group with no supplement to be paid (one for the leaders of the group and another for the drivers of the bus). The rest of the rooms are with 3 and 4 beds.
On request, each group will have a person available to accompany them on their excursions and to inform them about details regarding the festival.
- Certificates for participation in the festival
- Advertising of the festival (press release, Social medium promotion, posters and flyers)
- After the festival finishes, organizers will send you a link of photos of the festival and video.
- We have professional sound and light equipment
12-13.00 Arriving in Ohrid / Hotel accommodation.
14.00 Lunch in the hotel and free activities.
19.00 Dinner in the hotel.
08.00 - 10.00 Breakfast in the hotel.
10.00 - 14.00 Ohrid city sightseeing: Ohrid Ethno Museum (1 euro), st. Sofia church, Antique theater, Samoil’s Fortress (1 euro), Plaosnik church (2 euro), Kaneo church.
14.00 Lunch in the hotel /time for free activities.
17,00 -20.00 Parade on the streets.
- Official performance of the participants.
20.30.Dinner in the hotel.
08.00-10.00 Breakfast in the hotel.
14.00. Lunch in the hotel.
18.00 - 20.00 Parade through the streets in Ohrid.
Festival evening in Ohrid (performance of the participants, certificate for the participants by the organizers, and at the very end of the festival participants can exchange gifts and contacts with each other).
20.30 Dinner in the hotel.
Brekafast in the hotel.
- 59 Еuro per person for 3 nights, half board (breakfast and dinner)
- 79 Еuro per person for 4 nights, half board (breakfast and dinner)
-65 Еuro per person for 3 nights, full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
-85 Еuro per person for 4 nights, full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
75 Еuro per person for 3 nights, half board in Hotel “Chingo”
99 Еuro per person for 4 nights, half board in Hotel “Chingo”
90 Еuro per person for 3 nights, half board in Hotel “Mizo”
119 Еuro per person for 4 nights, half board in Hotel “Mizo”
- If there are 24 paying participants in a group, the 25th will be free of charge.
- Supplement for double room is 5 euro per day per person.
- Supplement for accommodation in a single room is + 50% of the price to be paid for the single person accommodated in such room.
Important! Macedonian Tourist Tax (0.70 cents euro per person per day) is not calculated in the price and is to be paid after arrival and accommodation.
Hotel Makoteks (3 stars) hotel by the lake.
Hotel Montenegrin (3 stars) in the center of the city.
Apart hotel De lux (in the center of the city).
We also offer Hotel “Chingo” and Hotel “Mizo” which are 4 stars hotels with only half-board (breakfast and dinner).
On request, a professional tour guide can be hired to accompany the group on their excursions, but the travel guide expenses will be covered by the group.
Health insurance (First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group).
Parking for the bus in the center of the town.
NUMBER OF SEATS ISLIMITED..