Location: CANAKKALE, Turkey
Application Deadline: 15 April, 2020
I N V I T A T I O N
We celebrate CITY OF PEACE, HISTORY and NATURE: “ÇANAKKALE”
The festival is in the center of Çanakkale. Çanakkale, a historical and touristic city, is located in Marmara Region. The history of Çanakkale starts with The city of Troia where the Trojan Wars took place, continued with Çanakkale victory . During the festival the groups can visit Çanakkale and remains of these two historical event in their free times.
Canakkale,with its natural wonder and historical wealth, is one of the unmatched cities of the world.The many times destroyed and rebuilt antique city of Troy. Alxandria Troas ,the biggest antique city of Anatolia, which was considered by Empreror Konstantin as the capital of his empire; Assos where Aristotle ,one of the most prominent philosopher of the history spent some part of his life; Apollo Smintheus Holy Area; Parion , near Biga Kemer ; Neandreia where once stood the Temple of Aiolia; the Zeus Altar mentioned by Homeros in his world-famous Iliad; the forts of Babakale, Cimenlik and Kilitbahir; the Gallipoli Peninsula one of the bloodiest battles of the 20th Century were fought ; the historical town of Gelibolu; the biggest Turkish island Gokceada; naturally beautiful Bayramic Ayazma; and the authentic Bozcaada with its crystal waters.
UNESCO declared that 2018 as a Troia Year. Troia is a city well-known to both history and legend (as well as archaeology), and was situated in northwest Anatoliain what is now Turkey , located south of the southwest end of theDardanelles/Hellespont and northwest of Mount Ida at Hisaronu. It is best known for being the setting of the Trojan Wardescribed in the Greek Epic Cycle and especially in the Iliad, one of the two epic poems attributed to Homer.
A new capital called Ilium was founded on the site in the reign of the Roman Emperor Augustus. It flourished until the establishment of Constantinople and declined gradually during the Byzantine era. In 1865, English archaeologist Frank Calvert excavated trial trenches in a field he had bought from a local farmer at Hisarlık, and in 1871, Heinrich Schliemann, a wealthy German businessman and archaeologist, also began excavating in the area. Finally he found Ancient Troia City.
Troia was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1998.
Conditions for participation:
- The groups are requested to arrive in ÇANAKKALE on 16. July 2020 - 10:00 and depart on 20.July 2020 - 12:00, after breakfast.
- The groups will prepare 5-10 minutes programs. All groups have to prepare minimum 2 different performances.
- We ill prefer dance groups with live music, recorded music is also acceptable.
- Pocket money will not be paid to the groups by Festival Committee.
- Each group should bring flag of their country and 3 gifts with them.
- We request a book showing your country's Folk Dance clothes and a local big doll model of your country symbol.
- After completing an application form, please send by email minimum 6 digital pictures and a short description of your group and videos or links and descriptions of your performances.
- Gifts provided for each person is an attendance certificate.
- 99 Euro per person (4 nights) - The Groups will stay University Students Hostel (www.ardesogrenciyurdu.com or similar Hostels)
- 129 Euro per person (4 nights) - The Groups will stay at hotel (http://hotelzileli.com/ or similar Hotels). The number of participants and age are not limited.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED..