Location: MDINA, Malta
Director: Gabriel & WOFA
Application Deadline: 1 March, 2021
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (only MUSIC bands,orchestras,majorette teams, festival and competition), (children ,youth and adults groups) to participate on XI MALTA INTERNATIONAL SPRING MUSIC FESTIVAL from 23 - 26 Aril 2021
Malta, with its strategic position at the center of the Mediterranean Sea, has always been a crossroad for exchanges of cultural diversity, also due to so many Nations who have ruled over this country along its history. This is why the island's musical traditions are very old, strong and widespread. The aim of this International Festival is to make sure that the different musical traditions from all over the World meet up in Malta, for a reciprocal cultural exchange and enrichment.
Today, the island of Malta is definitely one of the most important countries in Europe’s tourism sector. Rich in history and charm, with a great sense of hospitality towards visitors and above all, with a warm temperate climate. During the free time, participating groups will have the chance to relax and explore the various unique cities and villages of this magical island… full of history. Hence we would like to invite you to discover this reality, perhaps at the most beautiful time of the year.
International Festival, parades and performances will be held in various locations around the island of Malta.
The artistic programme consists of outdoor parades and standing performances. During the parades, the groups will perform with their own instruments unamplified. During the standstill performances, which will be held at main squares, the Organisation will provide the audio system, compatible with CD and pen drive and 5 microphones to amplify the various instruments / voice ( if these are required). The festival will take place on the island of Malta "the window on the Mediterranean", one of the capitals of European tourism.It will be a wonderful opportunity to get to know a new reality where the band tradition is very ancient and widespread.
The Festival is open to marching bands, wind orchestras, Marching Bands, folk bands, majorette bands, majorette groups, flag wavers, bagpipe groups, Street bands.
The Malta International Spring Music Festival 2021 will be divided into a competitive and a non-competitive part.The Malta International Spring Music Festival 2021 will be divided into a competitive and a non-competitive part
A) Competition for
Concert Bands and Wind Orchestras. Workshop with J. De Haan .
B) Competition for
Parade bands, Marching and Show Bands, Folk bands.
The non-competitive part includes traveling parades and performances in some locations in Malta.
DRAFT FESTIVAL PROGRAMME
23 April - day 1
Arrival of all International groups in Malta. Transfers from the Airport to the Hotel, situated at Bugibba/Qawra/St.Paul’s Bay/St. Julian’s– the most touristic venues of the island.
24 April - day 2
In the morning, groups can opt for an optional cultural excursion in one of the most beautiful places of Malta.
In the evening, all groups will perform in another Maltese town, together with Maltese groups
25 April - day 3
In the morning, all International Groups will parade along the main streets of the capital city of Malta – Valletta
At the end of the show, there will be the presentations to all participant groups by the Maltese Authorities and the Festival Organisation.
26 April - day 4
Departures of all International Groups.
If a group has an early arrival or a late departure, we can organise other optional cultural excursions, such as the ones to the Three Cities, Mdina – the old capital city of Malta or else to Marsaxlokk – The fishing village… and other wonderful locations.
The programme of performances can be adapted in due course. Final programme can be issued only after having confirmations of all participating groups, including also the Mallta ones. Each group is responsible for airfare/transportation to Malta.
FESTIVAL PACKAGE PRICES
- In twin room per person €160
- In triple room per person (3 adults) €145
- In quadruple room per person (4 adults) €140
- In triple room per person (2 adults and a child - 4 to 11 years old) €130
- In quadruple room per person (2 adults and 2 children -4 to 11 years old) €125
- For extra persons, who are not performers (friends, family, etc) there is a €5 supplement per person per night.
3***star Hotels affiliated
- San Anton Hotel: http://www.thesanantonhotel.com/
- The Bugibba Hotel: https://the-bugibba-hotel.business.site
- Santa Maria Hotel: http://www.thesantamariahotelmalta.com/
- The St George Park Hotel http://www.thestgeorgesparkhotel.com/
This Package includes:
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3 star standard Hotel
- Half board basis – excluding drinks (buffet breakfast, buffet lunch or dinner)
- Tourist tax
- Transfers from the Airport/ Harbour to the Hotel – arrival and departure
- Transfers from Hotel for all performances
- Assistance by our personnel
- Festival registration fee
* If due flight itineraries or else if you prefer so, you will have to spend extra nights, arrangements can be done
* Included in this package/price is one transfer for the group to & from the airport to the hotel. No transfers can be made for participants arriving at different times but we can arrange upon request.
* The choice of hotel is subject to availability.
* Each group is responsible for air fair /transportation to Malta
There are many low cost air company fligh to Malta like Wizz Air and others
NUMBER OF SEATS ARE LIMITED..
NEWS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL Published on 25 April 2019
“MALTA FESTIVALS ARE MIXED OF HISTORY AND TRADITIONS"
MALTA is amazing island in the Mediterenian sea. Wonderfull place with great sands beaches and many attractions. Festivals in Malta are support by municipality in Valleta.
"Festival in April gathering more than 600 participants from 10 countries in the world. 12 groups performed at the open stages of International Festival for marching bands,majorette teams,orchestras.Festival director notes that the event is considered successful in every aspect - from welcoming participants to their departure: "We organize free transfer from the airport to the hotel for groups that arrive by plane.Also free transfer from the hotel to the festival venue.I want to thank all the participants for the way they have responded to our demands and for the shows offered to the public. We're waiting for you on a new edition of the International Malta Spring Festival". During the spare time the participants have beach time, boat trip to the small island GOZO and visited POPEY villige.
Malta festivals are in April and October each year and you can book on the page of WOFA www.festival-association.eu