Location: Sunny Beach,NESSEBAR, Bulgaria
Director: Zoran Strezovski & WOFA
Application Deadline: 15 December, 2019
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups,Brass bands, orchestras, modern dance group, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on International Music & Folk - dance festival “VALEKA FEST” 04 – 08 Septembar, Sunny beach , Nessebar, Bulgaria
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
The goal of the festival is to present the cultural traditions of different countries to make a creative exchange of the achievements in the art of dance and music.
The organizers of the festival are: World Association of Festivals -WOFA and the Association "Veleka" –Bulgaria
Sunny Beach is the most visited destination,attracting many tourists from all over
Europe.More than 200 hotels and more than 100 entertainment establishments are located in its territory,including the largest aqua park on the Balkan Peninsula - "Aqua Park".The resort is a sort of Last Vegas with its noisy clubs and casinos.It's the first Bulgarian resort to be awarded the Eco Flag "Blue Flag".
• Located 2km. North from Sunny Beach is one of the oldest cities in Europe -
Nessebar(Mesembria) ,which originated more tha 3200 years ago.The town of Nessebar is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage.There are ancient churches and architecture from IV-XVII century.
• 15km. South from Sunny Beach is the third largest city on the Balkan Black Sea coast- Pomorie(Ahicalo).One of the most interesting cultural sites in it is:The ancient tomb from II-IV century and the salt museum,which is the only one in Eastern Europe.It is founded in 2002 and is dedicated to one of the oldest livelihoods in the salt-mining area.
• 35km. South is the largest city in South-East Bulgaria and the second largest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast-Burgas.It is the most important economic, transportation, management and educational center in the area.There is an
international airport,several natural reserves and protected areas,antique and medieval villages.The sea and the annual festivals attract many tourists.
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, folklore ensemble, choral groups, modern dance, majorette teams, orchestras..
- Every Folklore, Choral group, majorette Teams, modern dancegroup, orchestras has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared program, 10-12 minutes each with orchestra or CD.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure
•Hotel accommodation after 12 o'clock.
•A welcome meeting with the group leaders
•Festival party - animations
•A walk through the town of Nessebar,getting to know the sights of the old town yacht
•Free time and preparation of the festival night
•Official opening of the festival(presentation of groups up to 5 min)
•A walk through the city of Burgas,the Ethnographic Museum,the Sea Garden
•Performances of the group - 15 min.
•Free time - a walk through Sunny Beach,Aqua Part(optional)
•Closing the festival(1 performance by a group)
•Giving certificates and exchanging gifts
•Departure of the groups
By submitting your application, you agree to all the terms of the festival. Detailed information will be given to you after your confirmation of participation.,
1. Star Club Aparthotel *** - Children's and Youth Center - 250m. from the sea
- 95 EUR for 3 days - FB /breakfast, lunch, dinner buffet/
- 120 EUR for 4 days - FB /breakfast, lunch, dinner buffet/
Rooms and suites with 2-3 beds,bathroom, air conditioning, football and volleyball playgrounds, swimming pool, choreographic hall, entertainment hall 8/10 m. For a group of 25 people - 1 free
2. Hotel "Yavor-Palace" **** - 150 meters from the sea
- 115 EUR per person for 3 days - all inclusive
- 145 EUR per person for 4 days - all inclusive
Apartaments, rooms with 2-3 beds, bathroom, air conditioning, TV ,outdoor, pool, bar, restorant, snack bar.
For a room for two, additional 5 EUR per person per day, for a single room-15 EUR per day
For a group of 25 people - 1 free
The participation fee includes:
- for 25 dancers – one gratis,
- Certificate for attendance,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- drinks during the performance,
- advertising of the festival (press release, radio and tv channels, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival. After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. Payment can be done on several parts.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED on 400 participants!!