Location: STRUGA, Macedonia
Director: Zoran Strezovski & WOFA
Application Deadline: 15 August, 2020
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on X International music & folk - dance festival "STRUGA FESTIVAL DAYS" 26 - 30 August,Struga 2020
Purpose of the festival:This festival is the perfect occasion for different groups from various countries to gather together so that they could express their culture and nation through dances, music and interesting national costumes. Ohrid will be the host and the gathering place for dance groups and national art groups from all around the world to meet new people, make new friendship relationships and also, see the beauties of our town Ohrid and the Ohrid lake, which are under the protection of UNESCO. The idea of the festival is to develop new forms of communication in the international dialogue and international cooperation in the future.Also to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
STRUGA - is a town and popular tourist destination situated in the south-western region of the Republic of Macedonia, lying on the shore of Lake Ohrid. Once known as "Enchalon" -Eel, Struga has a population of approximetly 15 000 inhabitants. It has been known since the time of the Ilirs, and many old writers of traveling guides have noted that Struga was a very vivid city, with developed trade, great markets and the houses of the wealthy citizens were always beautiful and decorative. That is why the well-known saying: "There is no other place like Struga" exists since then. Except the Ohrid lake in Struga there is a river called Crn Drim which flows gently through the town, as it does not want to disturb the visitors walking along its banks, thrilled by its crystal clear waters. In the evening when many lights are turned on, the river has even a better view by the reflection of light from its waters.On its way to the Adriatic Sea the Drim forms two man made lakes Globochitsa and Shpilye which are surrounded by magnificent landscapes.Much of the town's meager income is through internal tourism. Struga's location on Lake Ohrid makes it a slightly quieter and more peaceful experience than the more bustling Ohrid. When visiting this quiet town, there are a few other places that show the beauty and culture, like the clay chamber pots at the house of the Miladinovci Brothers, the old Struga bazaar, the century old churches and mosques.Before the evenings you can enjoy on 3 kinds of beaches called Male beach ,Female beach and the most beautiful called Galeb (Gull), located just before the estuary of the river Crn Drim (Black Drim). Every August at the Poetry Bridge are held the Struga Poetry Evenings visited by poets, writers and artists from all around the world.Every summer in the culture center of Struga - summer open scene, it is organized cinemania and alter music festival ('Come, Row') including rock, metal, electro, hip hop, r'n b and many more groups from around the country. At night you can walk by the lake, by the river, or go at the most popular discos like Oaza,Biser,Tullamur beach.There's also very beautiful bars and pubs located by the lake, by the river and in the center of Struga such as Grifon, Tullamore Dew, Plivalishte, Ženska Plaža Cinema, Admiral, Album, Street, Sweet Cafe, Aquarius and many others.
13.00.Arrival in Struga, , hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. Welcome reception
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast,
11.00 -14.00 Struga sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (Crni Drim river, Museum of Konstantin and Dimitar Miladinov, visiting Kalista and caves, visiting Vevcani etno villige..)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00 - 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.30. Ensembles parade (old town)
21.00. Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Ohrid city ((St.Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes …)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel and free activities,
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00Second festival evening
09.00 - 10.00 Breakfast
11.00 – 15.00 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St. Naum monastery, culture place, (price 8 euros per person, lunch package),
16.00 – 18.00. Shopping in the city
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00.- 00.00 Social events, exchange presents, disco party with all participants
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Skopje city with guides (visiting monuments of Alexander of Macedon, National museum of Macedonian struggle, Macedonian GATE, Stone bridge…)
14.00 Departure from Skopje city
General rules :
· is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
· Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles(1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
· The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
· Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
· Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
· To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
· To take a flag of the country,
· Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
· 57 euro per person for 3 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
· 77 euro per person for 4 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
· 97 euro per person for 5 nights half board accommodation (breakfast and dinner)
· 61 euro per person for 3 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
· 82 euro per person for 4 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
· 103 euro per person for 5 nights full board accommodation (breakfast, lunch and dinner
On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 20 Euro per day per person HB and 23 euro per day per person for FB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
· Supplement for double room is 5 euro per day per person.
· Supplement for accommodation in a single room is + 50% of the price to be paid for the single person accommodated in such room.
Hotels where groups will be accommodate are:
Hotel Galeb & Plaza http://www.galebiplaza.com.mk – hotel on the beach
Hotel “Solferino”, Struga
Festival organizers provide:
· for 20 dancers – one gratis,
· souvenir and gift for each group,
· Welcome cocktail
· Certificate for attendance,
· free bus parking
· drinks during the performance,
· tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
· reception in city hall,
· advertising of the festival (press release, social media promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link from the festival from where you can take photos and videos from the festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Ohrid airport, during the festival days and back to the same Ohrid airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary. Also, you can arrive in Ohrid airport and we will organize transport to hotel free of charge.
In 2019 on this Festival participated over 380 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 9 countries of Europe.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IS LIMITED ON 400 OR 10-12 GROUPS.