Location: Paralia, Greece
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2020
Partipicants are ensembles from Russia, Lithvania, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Indonesia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Austria…
PROGRAM OF THE FESTIVAL
Arrival of the groups to Paralia … Accommodation of the groups. Info meeting of the group representatives, giving useful and practical information”s about Paralia and staying of the groups in Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to some of the Discoteques. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. In the morning the possibility of going to the famous Meteora. Travelling past Katerini, Olympus and Larisa to Meteora. A tour of the medieval monasteries, the monuments of special importance (Great Meteora, Holy Trinity, Varlam …). Upon completion of the tour, a shorter stay in the picturesque town of Kalambaka and a visit to one of the icon “factories “. The journey through the gorges Tembi, near the monastery of Agia Paraskevi and the source of Daphne with a short break. Return to Paralia. Dinner. Optional: Greek night at the Tavern or going to the Disco. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. The possibility of going to Katerini, the capital of Pieria. Free time for walking, sightseeing, shopping… Return to Paralia in the afternoon. Dinner.
Preparations of the Folklore Ensembles for the Performance. The parade of all Festival Groups.
Opening ceremony of the III International Folklore Festival in Paralia !!!
Folklore group performances. Awarding certificates, plaques and gifts.
Possible going to a mutual friendly night !!! Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Possibility of a half-day tour of the foothills of Mount Olympus, as well as of the picturesque town of Litochoro. Afternoon return to the resort. Dinner.
Preparations for the second night of Festival. Ensemble performances. The possibility of going to a Greek night or to the Disco. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Facultative tour to Thessaloniki, departure for Thessaloniki on morning hours. A panoramic tour of the White Tower, Rotonda, Galerius arch, Church of the Saint Apostles, the Saint Sofia and St. Demetrius – a patron saint of Thessaloniki. Return to Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to one of the Discos. Overnight stay.
Breakfast. Free time till evening and unfortunately moving of all Ensembles back to their arrival point of departure with another meeting next year !!!!!!
Price of registration fee is 125
paying goes in several month payments till departure time
The arrangment price includes:
- Accommodation in Villas like Vila Zoi, Vila Panos, Vila Stavros, Vila Flursi, Vila Americana, Vila Delfina…. in 1/3 and 1/4 Studios or Appartments on the basis of 5 half – boards ( breakfast and dinner ) – supplement for 1/2 rooms is 5 e per person per night
- free place of each 25 – th member
- Letter of invitation
The arrangment price does not include:
- There is a possibility of additional charges for the extra day at a price of 25 – 30 € for the half board , according to the accommodation.
- Optional excursions (a tour of Katerini 5€, a trip and entrance ticket to Meteora 15 € - 20 €, a one-day trip to Thessaloniki 15 € - 20 €, a tour of Litochoro and Dion 10€, Discoteques 6 - 8€,…)
- Travel expenses, travel insurance, parking at the hotels, vignettes, the toll
All ensembles must provide their own music, leading orchestar or music CDs.
Each ensemble is obligated to set performance in duration of 10 minutes.
NUMBER OF SEATS ARE LIMITED!