Location: BUDVA, Montenegro
Director: Zoran Strezovski & WOFA
Application Deadline: 30 January, 2020
With pleasure We INVITE you (folk groups, choral groups and orchestras majorette teams) - children, youth and adults groups to participate on XI International Music & Folk - Dance festival “BUDVA FESTIVAL DAYS” 30 April - 03 May , Budva - Kotor - Herceg Novi, Montenegro 2020.
Participants are ensembles from Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Ukraine, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia, Romania, Slovenia, Italy, Sweden, Moldavia, Armenia, Croatia, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary.
Budva – Stari grad
One of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic coast, first mentioned in historical records more than two and a half thousand years ago as the “town of Illyria”, this is a place that must be visited during a stay in the Riviera. A legend tells that Budva was established by Cadmus, a son of the Phoenician king, Agenor, and his Queen, Telephassa. Cadmus was the conqueror and ruler of the Greek province of Boeotia and, when he was exiled from the city of Thebes, together with his wife Harmonia, he found refuge with an Illyrian tribe called the Enchelei. According to the legend, Cadmus arrived with a team of oxen, which is where Budva got its name from (bous is Greek for ox). The older names of Budva were Butua, Buthos, Butoba and Civitas Antique (the Old Town). Throughout history, it has been a target of different conquerors (Greeks, Romans, Slavs, Saracens, Turks, Venetians, Austro-Hungarians, French) and as a result it has belonged to many different states. The Old Town is a unique architectural and urban whole, surrounded by medieval walls, complete with a fortress, towers and gates.
Kotor – Old city
On the space of irregular triangular forme on the slopes of the hill of St John, arrounded by city-walls, limited on north by the flow of short but violent river Skurda (300 meters long!) as well from west and south by the sea-shore and submarine spring Gurdic, on the alluvial bottom with the surface approximatively similar to the present, was performed the process of the formation of oldest urban core of Kotor, with its irregular plan of city streets, considerably different of typical scheme of rectangular street’s net gived by the Roman urban and building genius to the civilisation, by which the streets must to chop one other in a right angle (90 grades), forming rectangular or square »insulas« , the blocks with one-storied or poly-storied architecture.
The centre of Herceg Novi is Stari Grad, decorated by buildings dating back to the epochs of Sahat – Kula (1667) and Kanli – Kula (1483). Fortress Spanjola (1538) and Fortress Forte Mare (1687) are only a part of the cultural heritage of this renowned town.
13.00 - Arrival in Budva . Hotel accommodation and free time.
19.00 - 21.00 - Dinner in hotel (open buffet ).
21.00 - Welcome reception with leaders of the group.
08.00 - 10.00 - Breakfast (open buffet ).
11.00 - 14.00 - Budva sightseeing and boat trip to St Stefan (optional).
17.30 - 19.30 - Dinner in hotel (open buffet ).
20.00 - 23.00 - Ensembles parade
- Official opening of the festival
- Welcome speech
- Open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 - 10.00 - Breakfast (open buffet ).
10.00 - 18.00 - Visiting Kotor and Herceg Novi or visiting Dubrovnik, Croatia ( optional).
18.00 - 20.00 - Dinner in hotel (open buffet ).
21.00 - 00.00 - Closing ceremony of the festival – certificates and presents for ensembles by organizer, exchange presents between leaders of ensembles and party with all participants
09.00 - Breakfast (open buffet ).
11.00 - Departure of the participants.
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- Every Folklore, choral group, modern dance, majorette teams, orchestras has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), Adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians.
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10 -15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- Number of groups to participate on the festival is limited on mostly 12 groups and 450 participants.
- To send us short CV (on English 5 - 6 sentences) and 2 - 3 photos of the group.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
- For the festival evening no need transfer by bus.
- 70 Euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day - open buffet).
- 90 Euro for 4 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day - open buffet).
It covers hotel accommodation in 3* hotel - Hotel Loza or Hotel Palma or hotel Kostelo in Bar with 2 meals per day in (two double rooms for leaders and drivers), 3 or 4 bedrooms with own toilet,
Organizer provide for each group 2/2 rooms (for drivers and leaders of the group). Supplement for other 1/2 rooms is 5 euro per day.
NOTE: Montenegro tourist tax is 1.00 euro per person per day and it is include in price.
YOU can see how was last years on the festivals in Budva on the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N4_llz8lwWmRSJ7kU4xcH2LH8ywwDbhO
Participation fee includes:
- For 21 dancers - one gratis (21 paying + 1 free of charge);
- Souvenir and gift for each group;
- Welcome cocktail for Welcome reception;
- Certificate for attendance;
- Tourist guide for the city;
- Drinks during the performance;
- Advertising of the festival (press release, news letter, FB promotion, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Budva or Bar for Price of 21 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program.
After the festival finish organizers will send you link on YouTube where you can find and download photos and videos of festival evenings. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2017 on this Festival participated over 280 (childrens, youth and adults) participants from 8 countries of Europe.
In 2018 on this Festival participated over 295 (childrens, youth and adults) participants from 9 countries of Europe
In 2019 on this Festival participated over 333 (childrens, youth and adults) participants from 9 countries of Europe .
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED on 400 participants