I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (FOLK – DANCE, CHOIR GROUPS AND MAJORETTE TEAMS) (CHILDREN,YOUTH & ADULTS) to participate on VI INTERNATIONAL MUSIC & FOLK - DANCE FESTIVAL “SKOPJE FEST” 11 – 14 October, Skopje – Ohrid 2018
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and regions, and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together and create friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.
SKOPJE - the capital city of Macedonia
Skopje is the capital of the Republic of Macedonia, the City that lies in the heart of the Balkan Peninsula, at the crossroad of important communications, a city with a 2000 years old tradition. Skopje is a modern city with population of almost one million and presents Macedonia’s major political, economical, educational and cultural center. It continues to be a focus for new residents, economic development, construction and refurbishment. Skopje urban area extends across the Skopje valley for approximately 30 kilometers (18.75 mi) in width and comprises 10 municipalities.
Skopje also is a very attractive tourist destination with its fortress, cultural and historical monuments, archaeological sites, sport halls, caves in the canyon of the River Treska and Lake Matka and a health spa in the eastern part of the city.
Skopje is steadily becoming a vital regional route for international flight operators. The town with the beautiful quay of the Macedonian river “Vardar”, the narrow streets in the Old Bazaar which is the biggest bazaar preserved in the Balkans today, the town is internationally famous for being the birthplace of Mother Teresa. He has blossomed into a thriving, stimulating city to explore, defining itself as an exciting tourist destination with the 1500 years old fortress Kale and monastery St. Pantelejmon with the fresco ”Lamentation of Christ”, with the first signs of the Renaissance, the Islamic monuments Sultan Murat’s- Hjunkar Mosque, the Daut Pasha’s bath.
Festival program will be held on the main square in Skopje.
14.00 Arrival in Skopje after 13.00 and hotel accommodation, free activities
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception with leaders in hotel
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 - 16.00 Visiting Skopje (main square, fountain of Alexander the Great, stone bridge, bridge of artist, Archaeological museum (enter 2 euro), Museum of Macedonian struggle ( 2 euro enters), visiting old city - charsia ( tasting Macedonia traditional food- tavce gravce or kebapi- 4 euro per person),visiting Kale - Fortress...
19.00 - 20.00. Ensembles parade in Skopje centre
20.30. Official opening of the festival and festival evening
10.00 -18.00 Visiting Matka lake ( with deepest cave on the world named Vrelo, boat trip to the lake - 3 euro per person), visiting Macedonian village) or visiting Ohrid city..
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 - 00.00 Closing ceremony of the festival, exchange presents and join party in hotel
11.00 Departure of the participants.
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 19.00 Visiting Ohrid city ( old city, Samoil fortress, Bridge of wishes, house of Miladinovci brothers, river Crni Drim, Kalsita cave church ……),
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel and free time
General rules :
- Every group has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- On the festival may participate children’s, youth and adults folklore groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, majorette teams, instrumental groups. Age of the participants are not limited.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensembles should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. For the Vocal groups 15 – 20 minutes free program. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions.
- To send short CV and 2 – 3 photos from the group by mail,
- To bring a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
The price for 4* hotel accommodation is:
88 Euro for 3 HB per person ( 3 nights with 2 meals per day (Full Board).
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day in 4* hotel Continental http://www.hotelcontinental.com.mk/ which are located on the centre of the city in 1/3, 1/4 rooms,
Festival organizers provide:
- for 23 dancers – one gratis,
- certificates for attendance on the festival,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Disco party with drink
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- drinks during the performance,
- Free parking
- reception in city hall,
- advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters, brochures, flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Skopje. Price will be 28 Euro per day per person FB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide. For additional days we will prepare special program for you. If you wish, we will include festival evening in other city
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from airport, during the festival days and back to the airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival.
All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2017 on this festival participated over 332 participants from 9 countries from Europe.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED AND IT IS 350 PARTICIPANTS OR 10 ENSEMBLES!