Location: AMSTERDAM, Netherlands
Application Deadline: 30 January, 2020
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (Folk ensembles, Choral groups, Ballroom dance teams, art schools, Music theatre, modern dance teams, orchestras and majorette teams), (children and youth groups) to participate on XI INTERNATIONAL AMSTERDAM FEST from 26 - 29 March 2020
Participants are ensembles from Russia, Indonesia, India, Holland, Poland, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Romania, Slovenia, Montenegro, Italy, Sweden, Moldavia, Armenia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary.
1. DAY THURSDAY: NETHERLANDS - AMSTERDAM
Upon arrival, check in at the Hotel, while for all those interested we will be providing an optional tour of Amsterdam followed by check in. During the tour, panoramic sightseeing of: the canals, bridges, Dam Platz, the National Monument, the Royal Palace, the New Church, the Berlage Stock Exchange, De Bijenkorf, Madame Tussauds, the Magna Plaza, Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Heineken Brewery ... Followed by a walking tour of Rembrandt Square, Kalverstraat - the main shopping street, Bloemenmarkt – the flower market. Accommodations at a Hotel. Overnight stay.
2. DAY FRIDAY: AMSTERDAM - “TRADITIONAL AND MODERN NETHERLANDS”
Breakfast. After breakfast an optional tour called "TRADITIONAL AND MODERN NETHERLANDS" has been organized which will take all visitors to Zaanse Schans: a picturesque Dutch village on the banks of the river Zaan with traditional windmills, a clog-workshop, a Dutch cheese farm, and traditional homes from the time of Holland’s Golden Age... The tour will then take visitors to Den Haag - the seat of the royal family and the Dutch government, with beautiful buildings and important institutions, Scheveningen - the most stunning resort in Holland with beautiful beaches, the promenade along the North Sea and numerous restaurants ... And finally the road will take us to Rotterdam - Europe's largest port with modern architectural pearls: the Erasmus bridge, the Euromast tower, Kubikos (incredible apartments in cube houses), shopping zone ... Free time until departure. Return to Hotel. Leisure time. Overnight stay.
3. DAY SATURDAY: FESTIVAL DAY
Breakfast. Preparation of the Ensembles for Festival. Opening of the II International Folklore Festival in Amsterdam. Performances of Folklore Ensembles. Awarding of Diplomas and Plaques. The possibility of going out to a Night of Friendship. Leisure time. Overnight stay.
4. DAY SUNDAY: AMSTERDAM “GOLDEN AMSTERDAM”
Breakfast. Facultative transfer of all groups into downtown Amsterdam. The morning consists of an optional tour: "GOLDEN AMSTERDAM AND THE MUSEUM DISTRICT". During their stay in Amsterdam, visitors have singled out cruising down the City’s beautiful canals and completely penetrating into the core of the existence of the people who have occupied these areas for centuries back, in particular, during the golden age of the City’s development. After the cruise, the groups can choose to take a tour of some of the many museums which have made Amsterdam famous: the Rijksmuseum (Old Masters, Rembrandt's Night Watch...), the Van Gogh Museum with the world's largest collection of the famous artist, the Heineken Museum, the most closely guarded diamond grindery in Amsterdam and its museum where visitors will have the opportunity to see how the most valuable gemstones in the world are handled and learn all about diamond production... The afternoon is intended for leisure activities, souvenirs, shopping... Leaving the Hotel and unfortunately moving of all Ensembles back to their arrival point of departure with another meeting next year!!!!!!
- 145 Euro per person - Hotels like:Hotel IBIS BUDGET AMSERDAM CITY SOUTH ** in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms
- 220 Euro per person - BW Hotel Blue Square **** and BW Hotel Blue Tower **** in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms
(Paying goes in several month payments till departure time)
Participation fee includes:
- 3 overnight stays with breakfast in the vicinity of Amsterdam in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms at Hotels like: Hotel de Rijper Eilanden ****, Hotel IBIS BUDGET CITY CENTAR ***, Hotel NIEUW SLOTANIA *** in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms (supplement for 1/2 rooms is from 5 € per person per night, depends of chosen Hotel )
- Price of Accommodation at BW Hotel Blue Square **** and BW Hotel Blue Tower **** is: 215 € in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms, supplement for 1/2 rooms is from 5 € per person per night
- Free place on every 25-th member
- Diplomas and Plaques
Participation fee does not include:
- 3 overnight stays with breakfast in the vicinity of Amsterdam in 1/3 at Hotels like: Hotel IBIS BUDGET AMSERDAM CITY SOUTH ** in 1/3 (supplement for 1/2 rooms is from 5 € per person per night, depends of chosen Hotel )
- Price of Accommodation at BW Hotel Blue Square **** and BW Hotel Blue Tower **** is: 220 € in 1/3 and 1/4 rooms, supplement for 1/2 rooms is from 5 € per person per night
- Free place on every 25th member (25 paying participants + 1 free of charge)
- Diplomas and Plaques
Participation fee does not include:
- In each Hotel is possible to order dinner, price is from 10 € - 20 €, depends of Hotel
- Optional tours and entrance fees: AMSTERDAM - panoramic and walking tour: 5 €
- “TRADITIONAL AND MODERN NETHERLANDS”: Zaanse Schans (clogs, cheese, and windmills), Den Haag, Scheveningen, Rotterdam: 25 €“, GOLDEN AMSTERDAM”: Cruising down the network of Amsterdam’s canals and the museum district 12 €
- Transport, vignette, parking for busses in Hotels, International health insurance…
Note: Аll ensembles must provide their own music, leading orchestra or music CD's. Each ensemble is obligated to set performance in duration of 10 minutes.
NUMBER OF SEATS ARE LIMITED!