With pleasure We INVITE you (folk ensembles, modern dance groups, Choral groups, orchestras, brass bands, majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on X International Music & Folk - Dance festival “BUDVA MUSIC FESTIVAL" 27 - 30 October, Budva, Montenegro 2018
Participants are ensembles from Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Ukraine, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia, Romania, Slovenia, Italy, Sweden, Moldavia, Armenia, Croatia, Czech, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary…
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
Budva It is situated on the central part of Montenegrin coast, called "Budvanska Rivijera". It has developed around a small peninsula, on which the old town is situated. It is by far most visited destination in Montenegro, attracting many tourists like Russian, Serbian, Hungarian, France, Italy and other European tourists with an old town, bars and nightclubs, and beaches mostly consisting of small rocks. It is base for mass tourism, while in its near vicinity there are luxury resorts such as Sveti Stefan and Miločer.
There are as many as 35 beaches in the Budva area, sands beaches (8 beaches are marked with blue flags).
During the summer in particular, the day and night-life offers opportunities to enjoy theatre plays and performances, music events and entertainment programs.
The old town is adjacent to the marina, where the wealthy come to moor their luxury yachts. The old town is beautiful, with restaurants and boutiques selling luxury goods at high prices..
Sveti Stefan', one of the most exclusive summer resorts in Budva, is a result of a modern refurbishment of the stone houses on the island, built more than five centuries ago for the population of the nearby villages to find a place of shelter from the attacks of pirates and the Turks. According to oral tradition, the Pastrovici tribe used the spoils taken from Turkish galleons to fortify the island in 1442, building 12 houses, one each for every family in the Pastovici. For nearly 300 years, it was a trade and transport centre for the Pastrovici and the seat of the Bankada – the tribal court of the Pastrovici. The village was named after the church located on the highest point of the island, dedicated to the Saint Archdeacon Stefan. The island is also home to the churches of the Resurrection and St Alexander Nevsky. Sveti Stefan had remained a fishing village for several centuries, until its depopulation began in 1950 in order to build a series of luxury suites and rooms in the old stone houses. The new hotel-town was opened on 13 July 1960 and it has since been a holiday destination for celebrities from all over the world – including Sofia Loren and Carlo Ponti, Alberto Moravia, André Malraux, Richard Widmark, Kirk Douglas, Klaus Kinski, Monica Vitti, Sylvester Stallone, Yuri Gagarin, Boris Spassky, Bobby Fisher... and members of royalty, numerous politicians and wealthy Arab Sheiks.
- Non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups, majorette teams, orchestras, brass bands.
- Every Folklore, Choral group, modern dance, majorette Teams, orchestras has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), Adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- In the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country).
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians.
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with USB or orchestra. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group.
- To take a flag of the country.
- Ensembles should have there own transport for arrival and departure.
- 73 Euro for 3 HB per person ( 3 nights with 2 meals per day- open buffet)
- 91 Euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day – open buffet)
Participation fee includes:
- It covers hotel accommodation in 3* hotel- Hotel Loza with 2 meals per day in 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms - Hotel Loza situated in the centre of the city with own bus parking and you don’t need bus for anywhere). Hotel Loza www.hotelloza-budva.com
- Organizer provide for each group 2/2 rooms (for drivers and leaders of the group)..supplement for other 1/2 rooms is 5 euro per day.
- YOU CAN SEE HOW WAS LAST YEAR ON THE FESTIVALS IN BUDVA ON THIS LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u270h48N0ij8NGD6_Gx9PVIN5VQxS0gU
Festival organizers provide:
- For 21 dancers – one gratis (21 paying + 1 free of charge),
- Souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- Drinks during the performance,
- Free parking for bus,
- Reception in city hall,
- Advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters and flayers).
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
- On your request, You can continue your stay in Budva for Price of 25 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
- After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
- After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos if you wish. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
- The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
13.00 Arrival in Budva, hotel accommodation and fre time (swimming in the sea and sunbathing on wonderful sands beaches)
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel (open buffet in hotel Loza)
21.00 Welcome reception
09.00 – 11.00 Breakfast, (open buffet in hotel Loza)
11.00 – 14.00 Budva sightseeing
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner in hotel (open buffet in hotel Loza)
20.00 – 23.00 Ensembles parade (old town)
- Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast, (open buffet in hotel Loza)
10.00 – 18.00 Visiting Kotor, Herceg Novi, or Visiting Dubrovnik, Croatia (optional) or visiting Sv.Stefan by boat (optional) or visit Aqua park
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel (open buffet in hotel Loza)
20.30 – 22.00 Second festival evening – presentation, (optional)
22.00 – 00.00 Discotheque with all participants
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast, (open buffet in hotel Loza)
11.00 Departure of the participants
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2015 on this Festival participated over 333 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 8 countries of Europe.
In 2016 on this Festival participated over 442 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 9 countries of Europe.
THE NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!