Location: Paralia, Greece
Director: Zoran Strezovski and WOFA
Application Deadline: 31 January, 2019
With pleasure we INVITE (folk ensembles,choral groups and majorette teams) (children, youth and adult groups ) to participate on VII International music & dance festival “PARALIA SUN FESTIVAL” 25 - 28 May, Paralia, 2018
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.The idea of the Festival is to bring the music closer to the people and to present the music on the streets and the squares. The festival is open for folk and choir ensembles, as well as orchestras and majorettes regardless of the members gender and age.
Paralia is famous holiday place on the Aegean coast of Greece with many sends beach .Festival program will be held on the main square in Paralia and Olimpic beach.
13.00.Arrivalin Paralia, hotel accommodation and free time (beach time)
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception
07.00 -08.30 Breakfast,
11.00 -16.00 Boat excursion in the blue waters of Thermaikos Gulf, (15 euro per person
9:00 Start from the port of Paralia.
10:30 We will make a 30min. stop on the opened sea in the high of the beach of PLAKA. Here you can swim in the crystal clear water.
11:00 We are taking you with the small boat to the VARIKO beach, where the captain will prepare a lunch for you around
12:45 (Grilled fish, greek salad and to drink juice or wine and ouzo).The rest of the time at the Variko beach you can spend with taking a walk, swimming, collecting shells.
14:00 leaving the Variko beachparalia
15:00 making a stop on the opened sea with a possibility to swim.
15:30 Return to the port of Paralia)),,
18.00 - 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.30 – 23.00 Festival evening on the square in Paralia
23.00 Disco party (optional)
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast ,
11.00 – 17.00 Beach time or Visiting Meteori (very famous historical place in Greece)19.00 – 21.00 Second festival evening on the square of Olympic beach 21.00 Greek Night -taverna with Greek live music and wine , exchange presents and certificate (Greek night and allocation of gratitude’s and gifts from the organization and the Committee of the Festival, Dinner in Greek restaurant -taverna with Greek live music and wine , exchange presents and certificate (Greek night - Fruit salad + Local wine/Soft drink, accompanied with live Greek music; (12 Euros per person)
09.00 – 11.00 Breakfast
11.30 Departure of the participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances and music performed by groups.
- On the festival may participate children and youth folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances, total program of 15 -20 minutes each with orchestra or CD. For choral groups should prepare free program about 15 minutes The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions.
- To send us short CV and photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee for hotel:
- 71 euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights wit 2 meals per day)
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day in 4**** hotel (Hotel Grand Platon with outdoor swimming pool) in 1/2 (leaders) and 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet),
Hotel Grand Platon 4**** hotel with outdoor swimming pool http://www.wavetravel.gr/en/hotel/Grand-Platon
For other hotels for accomodation is
- 66 euro for 3HB per person and
- Yakhintos (meals in this hotel are open buffet),Kronos,Ifigenia,Despina..
Festival organizers provide:
- for 22 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Welcome reception for the leaders (with drinks),
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- free parking,
- advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters)
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Paralia. Price will be 20 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Thessaloniki Airport which are only 75 km from Paralia. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2017 on the festival were participated 8 groups from 7 EU country with 301 participants.