With pleasure we INVITE you (FOLK ENSEMBLES, CHORAL GROUPS AND MAJORETTE TEAMS) (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on International folk – dance & music festival “OHRID FEST” 07 – 11 July, Ohrid, 2017
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music. Ohrid City – a mixture of rich history and modern life...
Ohrid is an immortal town on the mythical Balkan, a magical hill of Macedonia whose primordial pulsation links ancient and modern times forever... Ohrid has been a living town for 2400 years, notable for having 365 churches, one for each day of the year, and is referred to as the Macedonian Jerusalem. Archaeological finds indicate that Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in all of Europe. The lake itself is over three million years old. Ohrid in the past was known as Lychnidos - or, “the city of light.” Only much later, in 879 CE, was it renamed Ohrid. The name probably derives from the phrase “Oh-rid” – meaning roughly, “Oh, what a cliff!” It comes from the time when the town was limited in a small area on the lake side of the hill, which in fact is a huge cliff rising above the lakeshore. The town as we know it today was built mostly between the 7th and 19th centuries. During the Byzantine period, Ohrid became a significant cultural and economic center, serving as an episcopal center of the Orthodox Church and as the site of the first Slavic university run by St. Kliment and St. Naum at the end of the 9th century. At the beginning of the 11th century, Ohrid briefly became the capital of the kingdom ruled by Car Samuil, whose fortress still presides over the city today. In 1979 and in 1980, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid were accepted as a Cultural and Natural World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. In fact, Ohrid is one of only 28 sites that are part of UNESCO's World Heritage that are both Cultural and Natural sites.
Lake Ohrid – The Lake That Leaves You Breathless…
Lake Ohrid is one of the world's oldest lakes, formed millions of years ago… Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. Not only for its warm water blue colour, which gains its intensity from the sky blue colour, but because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea. With its unique flora and fauna the lake is one of the largest biological reserves in Europe. The earliest scientific studies, undertaken in the course of the 19th century, showed that, as one of the oldest lakes in the world, it has preserved primeval life - forms which no longer exist in other places or only exist as fossils. The importance of the lake was further emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979 and when, in 2010, NASA decided to name one of Titan's lakes after Lake Ohrid.
Lake Ohrid is one of Europe’s deepest and according to most experts the oldest lake in Europe. The importance of the lake was further emphasized when it was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1979. Feel Ohrid for once in your life and you already know why you will return. For more information visit www.ohridinfo.mk Festival program will be held on the main square in Ohrid.
- Every group has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- This is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances and music performed by groups.
- On the festival may participate children and youth folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances 12-18 minutes each with orchestra or CD.
- The Choral groups -two parts from 12 – 18 minutes free program (one performance acapela in old city (churches) and one performance on the stage with sound equpmant)..
- The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions. Also, we will choose the best girl's and men's folk costume and the best dancing couple
- To send us short CV and photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Ensembles should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
- 69 Euro: 3 FB per person (3 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board)).
- 89 Euro: 4 FB per person (4 nights with 3 meals per day (Full Board)).
For completed applications by 01 December you receive a discount of 5%.
Participation fee inculdes:
It covers hotel accommodation with 3 meals per day in 3*** hotels which are located on the coast of Ohrid Lake with own beach, in 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms and hotels in the centre of the city.
Hotel Desaret is 3* Lake resort with outdoor swimming pool and it has 550 beds so the number is limited. (Our organization has only the right to represent the hotel Desaret).
Hotel Desaret (hotel on the Lake) – www.hoteldesaret.com.mk,
Hotel Prestol (hotel on the Lake) - www.hotelprestol.com.mk,
Hotel Beton (hotel on the Lake) - www.hotelbeton.com.mk,
Hotel Plaza (hotel on the Lake)- www.galebiplaza.com.mk,
Hotel Montenegrin (hotel on the Centre of the city) – www.montenegrininn.com
Hotel De Lux apartment ( in the centre of the city)
Vila& restaurant “Fortuna” ( in the centre of the city)
Festival organizers provide:
- for 22 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Disco party with drink
- certificates for attendance on the festival,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- drinks during the performance,
- free parking
- reception in city hall,
- advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters.
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
- After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
- On your request, You can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be 23 Euro per day per person FB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide. For additional days we will prepare special program for you. If you wish, we will include festival evening in other city
- After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival.
- The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Ohrid airport, during the festival days and back to the same Ohrid airport. You can also arrive through Skopje, Tirana or Thessaloniki Airport which are only 200 km from Ohrid. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number. We will also assist you in obtaining visa for Macedonia if necessary. Also, you can arrive in Ohrid airport by plane and we will organize transfer from the airport to the hotel free of charge.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE FESTIVAL IN 2016 YOU CAN SEE ON LINK: https://youtu.be/MK85OjLZMds
13.00 Arrival in Ohrid, , hotel accommodation,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception
09.00 – 11.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 14.00 Ohrid sightseeing – visiting cultural monuments (St.Sofia church, Samoil fortress, Antique theatre, Plaosnik, St. Kaneo church, Bridge of wishes …)
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner in hotel
19.00 Ensembles parade (old town)
20.00 Official opening of the festival
- Welcome speech and firewall
- Open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 –10.00 Breakfast,
11.00 – 15.30 Cruising with boat on Ohrid Lake, visit Museum on water and most famous tourist resort St.Naum monastery, culture place, –(price 8 euros per person, lunch packet on the boat),
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner in hotel
20.00 Second festival evening (optional) or Macedonian evening party
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast ,
11.00 – 14.00 Visiting Stara carsia, oldest tree called – Cinar, Biljanini izvori, Ohrid pearl manufactory, shopping….. or visiting Struga city,
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel,
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Closing ceremony of the festival- organizers give certificates and presents for the groups than exchange presents and disco party with all participants with wine degustation and soft drink for the kids
11.00 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.30 – 14.00 Visiting Struga city (house of Miladinovci brothers, river Crni Drim, Kalsita caves church……),
14.00 – 15.00 Lunch in hotel and free activities,
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00. – 00.00 Firewall party
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
09.00 – 14.00 Departure to Skopje city with guides (visiting monuments of Alexander of Macedon, National museum of Macedonian struggle, Macedonian GATE, Stone bridge…)
14.00 Departure from Skopje city
All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2015 on this Festival participated over 283 (children’s, youth and adults) from 5 countries of South – East and central Europe.
In 2016 on this Festival participated over 326 (children’s, youth and adults) from 8 countries of South – East and central Europe.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED!