With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Folk - Dance & Music festival “BUDVA SUMMER FESTIVAL ” 02 - 06 July, Budva, Montenegro, 2019.
The Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
Budva is on the central part of Montenegrin coast, called "Budvanska Rivijera". It has developed around a small peninsula, on which the old town is situated. It is by far most visited destination in Montenegro, attracting mostly domestic, Russian, Serbian and other Eastern European tourists with an old town, bars and nightclubs, and beaches mostly consisting of small rocks. It is base for mass tourism, while in its near vicinity there are luxury resorts such as Sveti Stefan and Miločer.
There are as many as 35 beaches in the Budva area, mostly rock and a little sand (8 beaches are marked with blue flags).
During the summer in particular, the day and night-life offers opportunities to enjoy theatre plays and performances, music events and entertainment programs.
Many nightclubs use go-go dancers to attract customers, and families might be offended by the open display of almost-naked girls in the street. There is mainly one street, the main promenade, where all the action happens.
The old town is adjacent to the marina, where the wealthy come to moor their luxury yachts. The old town is small but beautiful, with restaurants and boutiques selling luxury goods at high prices..
13.00.Arrival in Budva , hotel accommodation,
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00. Welcome reception
03. 07 Wednesday
08.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 -13.00 Budva sightseeiing ( 2 euro per person) and swimming on the beach in Budva
17.00.- 18.00 Dinner in hotel Loza
19.00 - 23.00 Parade and Festival evening
04.07 Thursday Saturday
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 13.00 Visiting Kotor or crusing with boat (optional) or visiting Dubrovnik
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
21.00 - 00.00 Social event,join party wit all participants,exchange presents in hotel Loza
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,
10.00 – 18.00 Visiting Kotor (optional), Visiting Dubrovnik or crusing with boat
18.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel
20.00.- 00.00 Discoteque
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast
11.00 Departure of participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is
- 75 Euros for 3 HB per person ( 3 nights with 2 meals per day)
- 95 Euros for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day - buffet ,leaders and drivers will be in 2/2, and others in 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms……hotel accommodation in hotel Loza and Vila Knezevic situated in center of the city...additional double room is 5 euro per person per day..www.hotelloza-budva.com
Festival organizers provide:
- for 23 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- reception in city hall,
- advertising of the festival (press conference, radio and tv channels, posters and flayers).
Montenegro Tourist tax (1.00 euro per person per day) you should pay additional after accommodation in hotel.
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Budva. Price will be 27 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
Organizers keep the right to change program of the festival. After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos. The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
Number of participants is limited on 400 or 10-12 groups