I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE you (folk groups, Choral groups and orchestras majorette teams), (children, youth and adults groups) to participate on XI International Music & Folk - Dance festival “BUDVA FEST ” 31 may - 04 June, Budva- Herceg Novi, Montenegro 2019.
Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music
There is so much beauty in this place that we can never get enough of. It is always the same but yet different. It is very close but yet mystic and untouchable. It is relaxing, challenging and seductive. It is beauty that we are constantly in search of. And if we are lucky enough - it is the beauty that we always go back to.
In the heart of the Adriatic coast of Montenegro, Budva is awaiting you with its exotic landscapes and your unforgettable experience is yet to begin.
Budva coast is among the most beautiful coasts in the world and its beauty will not leave you indifferent. It is 38 km long and there are 35 beautiful, sandy beaches (8 beaches have blue flag - a prestige international award for quality and standard of service and offer at the beach). Based on the send quality, Budva beaches are ranked into the highest category.
They are situated along the 38 km of indented coastline, characterized by numerous coves, inlets, sandy beaches, capes and islets.
All of them possess charm and beauty of their own, and even the longest holiday seems too short to have enough time to enjoy on each of them. You can swim in the clean and safe sea and experience unforgettable day and night life.
Budva is the metropolis of Montenegrin tourism thanks to the great number of beaches and hotels that make this a most desirable tourist destination.
Apart from its natural beauty, its bay islands and beaches for example, Budva is rich in historic monuments.
Budva Old Town lies on a small peninsula and represents a treasure chest of culture heritage. Crossed with narrow streets and squares are famous buildings, the Church Sv. Trojica, housing the tomb of the exquisite writer Stjepan Mitrov Ljubisa, the Churches of Sv. Ivan, Sv. Bogorodica and Sv. Sava. You can visit the wall of the Old town of Budva and feel the spirit of antique and renaissance charm of Budva.
In the Stari Grad (Old town) you can also visit many shops, cafés, restaurants and galleries. Monasteries Stanjevici, Podostrog, Rezevici and Gradiste are important historic and religious monuments of Budva
HERCEG NOVI - it is also one of the beatifull city in Montenegro..It is tourist place with many historical and culture monuments.It was conquered and damaged by the Turks in 1482, 1493 and 1508, and was under Spanish rule for a time in 1538. In 1539, Admiral Hajrudin Barbarosa of the Turkish Matirime fleet regained control over the town after a short altercation with the Spaniards. Turkey ruled again until 1687—from then until 1797, the town was ruled by the Venetian Republic. After the fall of Venetian rule, Herceg Novi saw several more rulers, including the Austrians from 1797-1806, the Russians until 1807, and the French until 1814, though the town was under the administration of Boka Kotorska Bay and Montenegro for a time in 1813. In 1814, Austria regained control of the town and remained so until 1918 when the First World War left Herceg Novi under the control of Italy and Germany. The town remained under the control of these two countries until after the Second World War.
13.00.Arrivalin Budva, , hotel accommodation,
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel (open buffet)
20.00. Welcome reception
09.00 -11.00 Breakfast, (open buffet)
11.00 -16.00 Budva sightseeing
18.00.Dinner in hotel (open buffet)
20.00 - 23.00 Ensembles parade (old town)
- Official opening of the festival
- welcome speech and firewall
- open air performance
- Dancing together
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,(open buffet)
10.00 – 18.00 Visiting Dubrovnik, Croatia (optional)
19.00 – 21.00 Dinner in hotel (open buffet)
21.00.- 00.00 Social events, exchange presents, party with all participants
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast, (open buffet)
11.00 Departure of the participants
OPTIONAL – If you stay more days…
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast,(open buffet)
11.00 – 16.00 Beach time and free activities
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner in hotel (open buffet)
21.00. – 00.00 Firewall party
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast,
11.00 Departure of participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Teams has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).On the festival may participate folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles. .
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or USB. The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city.
- To send us short CV and 2 – 3 photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
Participation fee is
- 72 Euro 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
- 92 Euro 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals per day (Half Board).
It covers hotel accommodation in 3* hotel Loza or hotel Palma in the center of the city with 2 meals are open buffet) in 1/2 (leaders and drivers in double rooms),additional double rooms are paid additional 5 euro per room per day), 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet and bathrooms in 3* hotel Loza - hotel in the center of the city www.hotelloza-budva.com/
You can see how was last year in budva festival on folowing link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u270h48N0ij8NGD6_Gx9PVIN5VQxS0gU
Festival organizers provide:
- for 21 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Bus parking is free of charge on public place if it is available..
- Welcome cocktail
- Certificate for attendance,
- drinks during the performance,
- tourist guides for sightseeing of the town,
- advertising of the festival (press release, radio and tv channels, posters and flayers).
Montenegro Tourist tax is include in the price.
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Budva. Price will be 22 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.
After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.The copy right of all video materials and pictures are ownership of the Organization of the Festival.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tivat airport, during the festival days and back to the same airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2018 on this Festival participated over 493 (children’s, youth and adults) participants from 9 countries of Europe.
NUBER OF PARTICIPANTS ARE LIMITED ON 400 OR 10-12 GROUPS.