Location: DURRES, Albania
Director: Zoran Strezovski and WOFA
Application Deadline: 30 March, 2019
I N V I T A T I O N
With pleasure we INVITE (folk ensembles,choral groups and majorette teams) (children, youth and adult groups ) to participate on X International music & folk - dance festival “MUSIC AND SEA” 01 - 05 september , Durres , 2019
The intention of our invitation and the Festival light motive is to present the cultural tradition of different countries and to provide an opportunity for the members of groups to get together, to establish friendships and culture presentation trough dance and music.The idea of the Festival is to bring the music closer to the people and to present the music on the streets and the squares. The festival is open for folk and choir ensembles, as well as orchestras and majorettes regardless of the members gender and age.
The city hosts the Durrës Ancient City Wall called also Durrës Castle while the largest amphitheatre in the Balkans is located in the city close to the harbor. This first-century construction is currently under consideration for inscription as a UNESCO World Heritage site. The southern coastal stretch is renowned for its traditional mass beach tourism having experienced uncontrolled urban development. The city’s beaches are also a popular destination for many foreign and local tourists, with an estimated 800,000 tourists visiting annually
.Festival program will be held on the main square in Durres.
First day 01 Septembar
13.00.Arrival in Dures, hotel accommodation and free time (beach time)
18.00 – 19.00 Dinner – buffet in hotel
21.00 Welcome reception
Second day 02.09
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast– buffet,
11.00 -15.00 Visit – sightseeing Durres
18.00 - 19.00 Dinner– buffet in hotel
19.30 – 23.00 Defile on the main street to the square where it will be held the Opening of the First Festival Evening, where the participants will present their culture ,tradition ,songs and dances of their country and Festival evening on the square - each participant group to prepare programme in time of 10-15 minutes
23.00 Disco party in hotel (optional)
Third day 03.09
09.00 -10.00 Breakfast– buffet,,
10.30 – 15.00 Beach time or Visiting of the history city Kruje and historic monuments and museum ( entrance 2 euro)
17.00 – 18.00 Dinner – buffet in hotel
19.30 Second Festival evening (optional)
Four day 04.09
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast – buffet,,
11.00-19.00 Free time – shopping and beach time
19.00 - 21.00 Dinner – buffet in hotel
21.00 Gala evening in hotel where each group should perform with short choreography of 5 minutes, also with few people of the 8 – 10 dancers , whether in live or in playback each group at the beginning will give 5 minutes performance. At the same night we will give certificates and gifts for each participant group
Fifth day 05.09
09.00 – 11.00 Breakfast – buffet,
11.30 Departure of the participants
General rules :
- is a non-competitive sample of traditional and modern dances, choral groups and majorette teams.
- Every Folklore,Choral group and majorette Team has the right to participate. Children's ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 16 or younger), Youth ensembles (2/3 of the participants must be 25 or younger), adult ensembles (1/3 of the participants must be older than 25).
- On the festival may participate children and youth folklore dance groups, modern dance groups, vocal groups, instrumental groups and soloists, as well as groups and performers from other art styles.
- The number of participants are limited (only 3 groups from each country),
- Each group should consist of most 50 members including dancers, managers and musicians,
- Ensemble should have prepared at least 2 folk dances, 10-15 minutes each with orchestra or CD. For choral groups should prepare free program about 15 minutes The performances will be in the evening hours so you can plan the day ahead and use it for visiting the historical part of the city and excursions.
- To send us short CV and photos of the group,
- To take a flag of the country,
- Folklore groups should have there own transport for arrival and departure,
- 95 euro for 4 HB per person (4 nights with 2 meals (buffet) per day.
- 75 euro for 3 HB per person (3 nights with 2 meals (buffet) per day.
It covers hotel accommodation with 2 meals per day in 4*** hotel BONITA with outdoor swimming pool in 1/2, (leaders and drivers) 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms with own toilet) Hotel Bonita is 4* see resort situated on the famous sands beach, with capacity of 300 beds so the number of participants is limited
Hotel BONITA **** (hotel resort on the see coast) – www.hotelbonita.al
(only our organization has the right for the hotel Bonita)
ALSO OTHER HOTELS WITH OUTDOOR SWIMING POOL LIKE BLY SKY AND SKAMPA
Festival organizers provide:
- for 25 dancers – one gratis,
- souvenir and gift for each group,
- Certificate for attendance,
- Welcome reception
- Gala evening with drinks
- free parking
- advertising of the festival (press release, radio and tv channels, posters)
Personal responsibility and health insurance are within the other obligations of the groups. First Aid and Medical Hospital will be available, medical services must be covered by the group.
On your request, You can continue your stay in Durres. Price will be 26 Euro per day per person HB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
After Groups arrived in Hotel will be given detailed program of the festival and each group will have guide during festival.After the festival finish organizers will send you DVD from the festival program for each group and photos.
The festival will organize the transport for the groups coming by plane by picking them up from Tirana Airport. The cost of the transportation will be covered by the group and will be additionally agreed according to their number.
By applying you confirm that you accept all festival conditions. All detailed information will be supply after your confirmation for participations.
In 2017 on the festival were participated 12 groups from 10 EU country with 489 participants (children, youth and adults).
Organizer of the International music festival in Durres, Albania is “WOFA” –World Festival Association in cooperation with Center of Culture in Durres.
NUMBER OF SEATS IS LIMITED ON 400!